Diving Utila

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks again for the feedback, Robin. I appreciate your insights and the quality of your posts. Hey, where's that slideshow at?

Wayne

You had mentioned about a slideshow to check out earlier in this thread. Anyway, I just checked it out and you took GREAT pics there. Wow, if that's not an endorsement for getting into diving. Love that clear blue water. One of those pics had the dive board listing 100+ feet of viz.

Have fun on your upcoming Nekton trip. I guess you are a fan since you have done them before. Hopefully, it will be a great trip.

sorry but spending that much hard earned cash to dive around utila .. i have to scratch my head land based stuff in roatan is i will say a better bet if you get sea sick. plus if you look around you will find shops that will let you dive for 15-17 us a tank you can then spend some time on the beach ... either way mate good luck with it .but did you know that the waters around utila are regulary fished or trawled .

Has anybody tried Bonine for sea sickness. It seems to work well and It doesnt make you drowsy like Dramamine, but I'm not sure how it would mix with diving.

I've used Bonine on a number of occasions. Never felt drowsy nor felt that it had any impact on diving. I have felt these symthoms with Dramamine.

The tablets are the cheapest way to buy it.

You had mentioned about a slideshow to check out earlier in this thread. Anyway, I just checked it out and you took GREAT pics there. Wow, if that's not an endorsement for getting into diving. Love that clear blue water. One of those pics had the dive board listing 100+ feet of viz.

Have fun on your upcoming Nekton trip. I guess you are a fan since you have done them before. Hopefully, it will be a great trip.

thanks! We will have a great time because we plan to have a great time. tehehehe I won't have a bad time, ever! The other couple going with us will be on their first liveaboard and the first time for one of them in the ocean other than her cert. It is going to be so fantastic. :D:D:D:D

Vis last trip (in the same basic area of the Bahamas) ranged from 30' at one site to well over a 100' with the average to be 70-80' on most sites. The night dives were the best we have done anywhere so we are really looking forward to those. I found critters that I have never seen before because the night dives were so calm, no current, and we didn't have to venture far from the boat. Since we are going to be the first "official" group to dive this itinerary I expect we are going to be the test group to see how we like each site - for use for the rest of the trips this spring/summer. (Both boats will be doing Medio, NW Bahamas, & Cay Sal Bank the whole season in Bahamas.) :D

I will be posting a trip report with photos and videos when we get back. If you are still thinking about your first liveaboard, maybe it will help you decide.

Have fun in Utila. Every time I have been there we have seen and snorkeled with Whale Sharks. The Offshore Sea Mounts are also nice.

Back
Top Bottom