Diving Western Australia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RalphRocky

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi All,

I'm travelling to Australia in August 2014 for 10 days. I'm thinking of diving for a few days in Western Australia. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Ningaloo is where you will find really lovely diving and is a fair way out of perth - check the regional forum for an operator, its worth the distance to get to.

Boat charters to Rottnest island are popular. Also if wrecks are your thing there are operators based in Bunbury and also at Dunsborough doing the wreck of the HMS Swan.

Cape Dive - Home

Lots of different variety from Ningaloos warm waters, Rowley Shoals drifts, up north to cool waters coming off the southern ocean rich in biodiversity. Some good cool water shore diving off Albany with big boulders and cavern type areas.

Exmouth Dive Centre for Exmouth. If you do make the trek up there (and with your limited time you'll need to fly) just make sure you dive navy pier. It costs and arm and a leg and then some, but wow what a dive. My buddy and i lost our way slightly because there were too many oversized fish in our way to see where we were going. Only one op gets the licence so just use them for that dive, but EDC for the rest.

Navy Pier is the dive in Exmouth. Definitely the highlight of my diving there. Thousands of fish in a small area. I dove wiht these guys and quite liked them. Very friendly and helpful. The rental gear came with computers.

Been living on the Ningaloo Reef for many years and here's what I'd do with a week: 2-3 days Coral Bay including at least one day doing the Manta tour (includes 2 scuba dives, too) plus 3-4 days diving in Exmouth including 2 days Lighthouse Bay and one "full" day tour to either the Muiron Islands or West Side (will likely be condition dependent. each area is very different, but there's a chance for some cool stuff in both areas) and one day on the Pier. If the whale sharks are around late again next season - they were here til October in 2013! - do one of those, too.

I'd try to time my visit with the tides so I could either do two day dives or a day/night dive on the Pier. Contact Ningaloo Whaleshark N Dive for all Pier info. Exmouth Diving Centre for reef/boat diving. Three Islands Marine for whale sharks (both NWD and EDC offer whale sharks, too, so you might want to stay more with a single company but wanted to throw a wonderful operator out there, too)

In Coral Bay there is only one option: Ningaloo Reef Dive.

You need a car to travel between Coral Bay and Exmouth.

Let me know if I can help :)

Oh, and there is some really cool (and cold) diving in Perth, too. If you are on Facebook, check out the WAUPs group.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom