Diving wet or Semi-Dry in GVRD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The lockable bin is a great idea, I wish I'd thought of that when I lived in a condo. I'd make sure the fact that you have a locked bin in there is not visible from the outside, or it will attract thieves like rats to garbage..

No problem, my storage locker has a section that is hidden from plain sight.

If your looking at a new dry suit, I would check out Divetank Dive Shop: Store Home. .

I know those guys. I bought my 3mm full suit from Richard. I went to his office and did the transaction in person. The wait for my suit was fine (because I ordered it far in advance before I needed it) but some aspects of my experience with them was not that pleasant but was not that awful either. Yes, can't beat Richard's prices. My LDS was not too happy when I mentioned that I bought stuff from DiveTank.

Well, you could always sell the wife. That would give you the money to buy the dry suit and you would be able to store your gear wherever you want. :wink: :eyebrow:

Oh, and lots of time for diving.:D

Well, you could always sell the wife. That would give you the money to buy the dry suit and you would be able to store your gear wherever you want. :wink: :eyebrow:

Oh, and lots of time for diving.:D

:biggrin2:Don't post stuff like this. If she finds out that this forum gives out this kind of advice, my diving and I are out the window:dead:

:rofl3:

Something like this.. if you could find one used for a good price.
JOBOX Steel Chest Toolboxes

I am familiar with these job boxes. I see them on construction sites a lot. They are big and bulky though and my locker area is not that big. I am looking at something more compact and lighter that can be chained down. Your job box idea is a good one. Thanks for remining me. I will be visiting hardware stores this weekend to look for something that would suit my requirement.:coffee:

My tri-lam dry suit drys faster and takes up alot less room then my 5/3 surf suit. I dont have hard boots installed I just pull neoprene 5mm over the socks.
Good luck with the wife...haha

Bisugo,

I have size 15 feet. I bought an off the rack XXXL White's (Yes triple XL) drysuit with built in socks that you put in high-top style boots. The socks are a snug fit for my size 15 feet, and I was told it was only a minor cost ($50) to have them swapped out for bigger socks if I needed them.

That being said, I can appreciate that dry suits are a whole lot more expensive.

With respect to storage, I think it has already been said that when you roll up all the drysuit gear, it fits quite nicely in a duffle bag.

Incidentally I started out in what is called "semi-dry" (wet is wet, no matter how you look at it!), and did some not too uncomfortable winter diving in it. I just bought a 3mm shorty and put it underneath. It worked pretty well for me. The only problem I had was being cold AFTER the dive.

Regarding the wife, I have a pretty big house, with an adequate amount of storage space and I still have to tread carefully!!!! Although I'm hoping it will get even easier when she starts her open water classes in March!!!

Yes, I know I am missing a lot by not diving in Winter. In a wetsuit, it is just too cold. There is no place for me to store a dry suit including all its other accessories.

i find its just to cold to get out of the wetsuit i find im to hot when i dive but as soon as i get out man is it cold..

If it were me I'd sell the 5mm, and hang my new drysuit next to the 3mm in the closet. But that's not helping you much, is it? :14:

I second trying out divetank. Another option is to find a Whites dealer. They have something like 15 different sizes for their suits, and many people can find one without having to go custom. Their Nexus suit is cheap and better than many people think (it gets ignored because it's only bilam, but it's far more durable than you'd suspect), plus it comes with a soft sock, so you can buy your boots separately for custom size.

Hi, I would like to get in touch and buddy up with divers within the Greater Vancouver who dive wet or semi-dry. Dry suit divers also welcome. I am hoping to dive and learn with you guys. I dive wet because, for space and expense reasons, I cannot dive with a dry suit at the moment. I probably never will because I also don't like diving in Winter.

you have to dive in the winter its the best time.. its not colder its just cold when you get out of the wetsuit i dive wet and everyone looks at me like im crazy.. i like to cold over to hot..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom