Diving with full gear -tanks in carry-on tips.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kleinson

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am planning to pack all my gear (BCD,Suit,hood,gloves,boots,fins+accessories+some clothes) in carry-on for my 10 day liveaboard trip to Socorro in Feb, and usually rent the heavy stuff, but since I just got myself a Xdeep Zen, that you can pack up real easy my plan was to stuff all the stuff in 1 40l carry on and also bring a bigger camera bag with regs and camera.

Anyone had any issues traveling from US (or in this case US->Vancouver, Canada to CJS and back? Any packing tips for carry-on travel?

Cheers!

Tanks? The packing All into a carry on works if you can fit it in, no cutting devices that you aren’t willing to give up, keep triggering equipment (lights, reg, ) near the surface because you may be explaining those. Tell them you’re on a scuba trip.

you’ll likely end up in a shake down over the camera gear.

they are going to charge you for your camera equipment if it looks fancy.

Why? If you're not exceeding the weight or dimensions limit, they have no reason to do anything, right?

nah. Mexican customs has been charging "import tax" on any camera equipment they deem "professional" (big housing, strobes, arms, floats, etc.) especially at Cabo. I think there is a thread about it in here somewhere.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom