Diving with Mantas in August - Where to?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My personal approach: Multilayer is more practical and useful than one thick one. I can peel or add accordingly(on the surface).

I'll wear my 12-yo 3mm full (which is probably now compressed to 1mm) for 1st 2 days then I'll add 2mm shortly over 3mm full for the rest of the trip.

Watch out for the nasty stinging hydroids (they look like sea fan in grey like the one in front of the yellow mask anglefish, below). Basically keep your body, especially shins & ankles about a foot away from any corals.

fM0013552.JPG

So, most of my diving will be in the south. Maybe I should get a nice lined 5mm instead. I know the 3mm full plus 3mm shorty gives me 6mm in the core, but maybe the 5mm will be warmer since there won't be gaps between the layers.

You may also want to add a hooded vest, keep the heat from escaping from the top of your head.

Have a fantastic time, you are going to love Komodo!

I have a vest I use most of the time, and then I have a separate hood that is stashed in my BDC pocket. Some dives it goes on right away some dives when I start
You may also want to add a hooded vest, keep the heat from escaping from the top of your head.

Have a fantastic time, you are going to love Komodo!
to get chilly.

Whe
...I have a separate hood that is stashed in my BDC pocket. Some dives it goes on right away some dives when I start
to get chilly.

I also have an extra micro fleece hood I add under my 3mm hooded vest sometimes. I get chilly too!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom