Diving with Nekton cancelled Help needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That really sucks, Dave.

Thanks Princess.

After talking to the travel agent this morning, switching the airfare won't be too much of an expense for later this summer. My post was in the fantastic anger of having just found out on the internet instead of from Nekton. I just hope they stay afloat (literally and financially) long enough to cash in the free trip next year. I will be contacting the BBB in Ft. Lauderdale in regards to no refund offer. If i could get the money back I'd just hit Key West for the week.

So Dave,

They didn't call you? You found out from us? Boy, that's wrong on several levels. Did you get a hold of them at all?

Let me know when you re-book with Nekton for the make-up trip. I will try to free myself up for the same week.

Don

They didn't call you? You found out from us? Boy, that's wrong on several levels. Did you get a hold of them at all?

Let me know when you re-book with Nekton for the make-up trip. I will try to free myself up for the same week.

Don

No crud Don. Now you know why my messages last night were so steamed. We called this morning left message, they called my travel agent back by 9:00 central, so not too bad on the response. My father and I are getting together to pick a make up time and have the travel agent send them in on Monday (probably best me not to deal directly with them). :D

Hi, My husband and I were on the same trip to Cay Sol with Nekton Cruise. We're coming from Vancouver, Canada and are trying to get a refund out of them. Has anyone had any luck with this? Any suggestions on how to get a refund?

Thanks.

Hi, My husband and I were on the same trip to Cay Sol with Nekton Cruise. We're coming from Vancouver, Canada and are trying to get a refund out of them. Has anyone had any luck with this? Any suggestions on how to get a refund?

Thanks.

Welcome to Scubaboard :)

I would say your chances are slim and none. This might be bad advice but if you paid with a credit card, see if you can dispute the charges.

I went through the contract several times and had a couple of my lawyer friends look at it also. They tell me the language is a little ambiguous but Nekton likely is not obligated to refund the money.
I doubt they have any significant cash reserves anyway.

Did you have any cancellation insurance? It most likely doesn't cover this type of event either. If they went insolvent and ceased operations then the insurance would apply, however.

There are a lot of us who are "hosed" and just hoping we can collect on the promise of re-booked dive cruise. By the way, they weren't going to put the re-book or the free future booking in writing but I got them to at least send me an e-mail confirming the offer.

Guess I don't see where they say on their website where they don't have to refund your cruise if their boat breaks down.

Frankly, I'd probably be on the phone with my credit card company asking about whether or not I could dispute the charges and get a refund, especially if I were locked into a vacation time and couldn't easily re-book.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom