DIY backplate designs needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For Oxyhacker: "What did that cost you? "

Can't remember right off hand, think it was around $110.00 for both the BP & STA.

They were from 1/8" SS.

I could have bought them, but since I have AutoCAD, Lathe & BP Mill, etc. wanted to do my own. Any future changes were simple to do.

Can send you a copy (.dwg) if you'd like to take a look; however, I'm sure that they are pretty much the same as the mfg ones. I did make one revision on the STA, I shortened it to the minimum length and still have two straps.

carl

Any one still have the pdf files?
Wld greatly appreciate it if someone can send them to me!

Thnx in advance

hullo Tamas,

been trying to open your files on PDF... but it just wont work, it might be my system. i was wondering if you can email me a cop at eugene@equatordive.sg

cheers mate

I just got my back plates from the machine shop.. They look pretty good. Thanks CFDAlden!! I will let you know how they work next week.

Just curious, what did they charge you? My local places were so far out of whack it was stupid. $179 for the alum plate?? Yeah, I'll take 5. :)

Mine only cost TWO LARGE PIZAS for two (1AL, 1 SS)!!!!!

Last edited:
I'll give you 3 large pizza's for both, so you can get 2 more plates, and have lunch. :D

Oh - got any pic's of them yet?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom