DIY Canisters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

P7 is between 10 and 12W LED
Cree MCE is 10W

So which one is brighter, the 12W P7 or the 10W McCree? Also, what is the run time going to be on both? Will they both have a CNC'd head with goodman handle, anodized, etc.? How much are they? How much is the deposit to get it going?

So which one is brighter, the 12W P7 or the 10W McCree? Also, what is the run time going to be on both? Will they both have a CNC'd head with goodman handle, anodized, etc.? How much are they? How much is the deposit to get it going?

Also, what is the highest power HID you have right now or can produce? What's the run time, cost, etc.? Are the heads CNC'd, anodized? Is the beam angle adustable?

Sorry for all the questions as I know they have probably all been answered somewhere in this thread, but I've been going back through and trying to read everything again. It's all very time consuming and confusing. :confused:

Also, what is the highest power HID you have right now or can produce? What's the run time, cost, etc.? Are the heads CNC'd, anodized? Is the beam angle adustable?

Sorry for all the questions as I know they have probably all been answered somewhere in this thread, but I've been going back through and trying to read everything again. It's all very time consuming and confusing. :confused:

I know how you feel... It's taken a long time to get here and many things have happened during this time so keeping up is tough. This is what is happening:

1. I have settled on the Cree MCE to be my first CNC production run. This system uses a driver to control amps to 700ma for continuous light output. This system is estimated to run 5-6 hours at even lighting level. Recently one was taken to Playa where it got 4 hours of run time during the day and no drop in brightness.
2. The SSC P7 is a direct drive system. I am working on getting some reflectors that will allow me to use the same machined components for both lights, but may be a while as they are coming from overseas. I estimate this one to run about 4-5 hours. It will dim slowly as the batteries lower in voltage.

The P7 system has a bit more flood where the Cree is a bit narrower. For open water, I would use the P7. For technical diving I would prefer the Cree. However, bith lights are doing great with many great reviews. I don;t know that you can really notice a major difference in brightness. I think both LEDs are about the same even though SSCP7 claims to be brighter.

You can also see my thread on cavediver.net in the Gear For Sale section (DYI Canisters for Sale)...

What I do is I take a $50 at s.hortiz@sbcglobal.net and put you on the list. I will also take money order or check and prefer these since no fees. I am working on three units right now that are not CNC machined and may have 1 or 2 more available. Once those are gone the price will increase by probably about $50 to make up some of the production costs.

I am getting ready to file to become a Limited Liability Corporation and make the business legit.

Let me know if you need more info.

Oh, the non-CNC units will be powder coated. The CNC units will be hard coat anodized. These are all non-focusable lights. Beam angle for Cree about 10-15 degrees for P7 15-20... These are estimates based on the reflector supplier's information.

Cost- P7 $450 for non-CNC
Cree- $550 for non-CNC
Cree- New CNC units $600

Also, right now I am working on 2 12W HID heads and canisters. The heads came out a bit bigger than I like, but still nice. I was going to sell for $600 each, but I am going to let them go for $550 for those 2.

I am working on some 35W automotive based lights that will go in a 4" canister. This will be for video due to size, but I don't see why they can't be used for diving witht he right reflector.

All lights with head, canister, battery, charger.

Thanks
hector

Some pics of the beams for those waiting...

12W LED 10W LED 12W HID pictures by 350xfire - Photobucket

The HID does not look that blue in actual! All pics taken with lights about 15' from the wall.

My review:
12W LED wins light output, not by much from 10W
10W LED wins tight spot
12W HID wins the blue contest.... It's not as bad as the pic looks but pretty blue.

Well I placed an order today and I am so excited to get my hands on one of those 12W LED lights to replace my hand-held Princeton-Tech one. Thanks for the opportunity!

Yep, placed my order this morning as well. I can't wait to get my 10W Cree LED light. It will be replacing my 10W Big Blue HID light cannon. :cool3:

Hi Hector, What would the cost be for a 10 or 12W led light with a pink powder coat light (I would make sure you had a sample of the pink color I would want but these are my fins) Plus price for shipping to Chicago. Thanks.
images

Oh and can the can light body be pink as well as the light head?

Hi Hector, What would the cost be for a 10 or 12W led light with a pink powder coat light (I would make sure you had a sample of the pink color I would want but these are my fins) Plus price for shipping to Chicago. Thanks.
images

Oh and can the can light body be pink as well as the light head?

For powder coat (if I can get the pink for about $10)
12W- $510 shipped and Paypal
10W- $610 shipped and PP.

Canisters are only available in white or black since that's the only colors Delrin comes in. These units are now being CNC machined so my cost has incresed slightly to make up for the extra machining costs. You guys will appreciate the consistency of the product and the new design...

Thanks
Hector

Update on things...
So after another "quiet" period on the forums, I have finally caught up in production. The last three lights are in the mail. This will make 14 units sold.

Now the focus is shifting to the CNC machined units. I have the canisters done and waiting on the heads to be done sometime this week. After this, hard coat anodizing followed by a vacation to see my family from the 10th - 17th...

Thanks to everyone for your support. These new units are going to be really consistent and much better in finish and quality. Of course price will go up, but still be cheaper than the other options?
I will post pics of a completed unit soon. One unit has already been spoken for.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom