DIY Canisters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

got my light today. this light is very cool and the guy, 350Xfire, who sold it to me was great to work with. answered every question and helped me find the right light, not just the most expensive..... highly recomend him and his lights

Thanks Ryan. Let me know how it does on the first dive.
Hector

Hi 350xfire,

Are you still selling canisters without the light head?
Can you give some specifications like price, how many 18650's they can hold, dimensions,...

I might be interested in one.

I wanted to build my own so I searched the internet and mailed companies like oxycheq, but I'd pay way too much due to all the shipping charges etc. I also don't have access to a lathe, so your solution could save me some money.

any idea what the shipping charges to Brussels (Belgium) would be?

thanks,
Johan

Hi 350xfire,

Are you still selling canisters without the light head?
Can you give some specifications like price, how many 18650's they can hold, dimensions,...

I might be interested in one.

I wanted to build my own so I searched the internet and mailed companies like oxycheq, but I'd pay way too much due to all the shipping charges etc. I also don't have access to a lathe, so your solution could save me some money.

any idea what the shipping charges to Brussels (Belgium) would be?

thanks,
Johan

Johan:
In a flat rate box, shipping would be about $35 for international. Base canisters hold up to 8 18650. I can do bigger. COmplete would be close to $200. Base can is 1.95IDx6.5" deep x 10.5" overall.
Thanks
Hector

Hey are you selling any any time soon? Can you send me a PM on pricing for some and the options? I was recommended to you by a friend. Prefer HID but I want at least 500 lumen +. Thanks. I will be waiting for your reply.

This Guy is onto something......Helping his fellow Diver spend his money to help his fellow Diver ...
Keep up the Good work!

Hey are you selling any any time soon? Can you send me a PM on pricing for some and the options? I was recommended to you by a friend. Prefer HID but I want at least 500 lumen +. Thanks. I will be waiting for your reply.

Have 2 12w hid that I'm selling for $410 each no battery or charger, $80 from batteryspace.com.
Have LED 10w for $600 complete.
Thanks
Hector

Have 2 12w hid that I'm selling for $410 each no battery or charger, $80 from batteryspace.com.
Have LED 10w for $600 complete.
Thanks
Hector

Thanks man. I have not gotten back to you yet because on the other post that battery you linked off that site is sold out for the time being. I am not electrical gifted so I am waiting out until everything is there before I jump the gun. I want to make sure I am buying something I will not regret.

Also how hard is it to replace those bulbs if they do go out? Since you said once they are gone they are gone.

Thanks man. I have not gotten back to you yet because on the other post that battery you linked off that site is sold out for the time being. I am not electrical gifted so I am waiting out until everything is there before I jump the gun. I want to make sure I am buying something I will not regret.

Also how hard is it to replace those bulbs if they do go out? Since you said once they are gone they are gone.

No problem. I have a battery builder that told me he could build those packs for $68 if you are interested in that.

You will need Anderson connectors for battery and charger which I can provide.

Bulb replacement is done by unscrewing the cap, removing the old one and putting the new one in. Bulb/Ballast is available for $100 through Newpex and it is thye standard Brightstar HID.

Thanks
Hector

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom