DIY Canisters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would like to know as well. I'm looking for a canister for a DIY project and yours look nice. I noticed you were doing another one with a threaded lid but I'm more interested in the latching model. What comes with it and how much are you asking?

I still have my 12 w led I got from 350xfire and I am happy as all get , I would be interested in a 21 w or 24 w as well .

A few pages back I believe that he posted a web site that he is now selling his lights off of or you can check in the lights section. He sells parts and full can lights so that might be the best way to go about getting a light or parts from him.

Oops, guys... Yes still around. Sorry... I'll go back and answer stuff.

OK, so a quick update, due to manufacturing issues with my CNC guy, cost and just overall hassles driving parts around and such. I have decided to move towards the off-the-shelf parts type of light. This means using the Maglite heads and OMS canisters. You can see these at tlslights.com. I can make these much cheaper (CNC lights were $600 Mag based $450) and don't have to take a "gamble" with my money since I can order parts as-needed and Mags and OMS cans are relatively easy to find. With CNC I had to make a big investment for many heads and cans.

I have completed a 25W SST-90 LED light and I have to say, the more I dive it the more I like it. It does have a pretty big spot, but is able to signal and light up very well. The thing is rated at about 2000 lumens and with a 10 cell pack can run for about 4 hours. I dove mine in about 10-15' vis at the local quarry and it was great.

If anyone is interested in DIY parts, I have a few CNC heads left and a few canisters left for you to build. I will let these go relatively cheap so PM for details.

BTW, don't let the mag heads fool you, these are custom machined heads. Not JB Welded/Epoxy glued together lights. I have placed these in my pressure pot to 265 feet and no problems.

Thanks
Hector
tlslights.com

How much is the CNC head?

The CNC stuff I only have one or two left of each.
I'll sell the complete (unassembled canisters) for $130 and the complete (unassembled heads) for $120

Cans include latches, cable, gland,switch, bioot, webbing and clamps... May or may not have lid orings depending if I have them...
Heads are head, lens, orings, goodman handle and gland.

I don't have very many of these as I have switched to easily available parts to cut down on price and hassle of production..

Minor thread-jack......

I am selling my canister light that I bought from Hector. I contacted him about selling it on here and he was cool with it. Here's the link to my post on it.

Due you still have the "unassembled canisters" and "unassembled heads" and due you think I could run the Luminus - SST-50 in one of your heads?

Back
Top Bottom