DIY double tanks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't know that I would try this with another 80 but I have mounted my 20 to an 80 by using a 2"wide piece of aluminum flat bar under the straps that hold the 80, then a couple of large stainless hose clamps around the pony and the flat bar. The flat bar holds well to the tank straps and the hose clamps keep it from shifting up or down.

gafftape42:
If you are talking about a full size tank and not a pony bottle then I think the answer is No there is no safe way to add a tank. Even slinging it from the front may be a questionable proposition given the lift of some single tank BCs.
As a divemaster and cave-certified diver, perhaps you see something that I miss. Let's say the 2nd tank that he slings in front is an AL80. Why would the lift of the BCD be a problem?

Doc Intrepid:
This sort of device may allow you to attach a second tank to the single on your BC, but you need to understand that doing so constitutes competition-grade stokery.

This device would be much safer for you if used in conjunction with either a backplate and wing; a rear-inflate BC that uses a backplate; or a standard BC that uses a polymer backplate that can be drilled for the two bolts that hold these "travel bands" to the BC.

Still....all in all, it beats duct tape... (YMMV)

:wink:

Gotta go with Doc on this one. I think this you'd be better off with Buy then DIY on this one. Sri Lanka may be a bit off the beaten path so you'll likely have to take a hit on the shipping. As already indicated, Leisure pro is a good source, meybe Ebay, or Northeast Scuba

I thought of dragging out this old topic since some of my friends tried to get this product and found it discontinued at leisurepro. having used it extensively i must say that it is a top class product and has served me really well. I hope leisrepro is persuaded to re stock it unless there is some serious issues regarding its usage.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom