DIY Red filter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divetime1

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I was just wondering if there is a way to make my own red filter. I have a pt-32 case and is having a hard time finding a red filter here in the Philippines the ones on ebay costs a lot to ship here. If you have suggestions in making my own filter just post it here.

Thanks,:D

These auto-magic filters from Alex Mustard work great for easy mounting to the housing, I use one on my PT-030 for shallow water work with no flash and it works good for cheap.

they are a trim to fit filter material that you can tape/mount to the inside or outside of your housing. And are lite-weight so shipping to you shouldn't be much.

M A G I C - F I L T E R S

Not knowing what camera features you have shooting with the PT-32...............using manual white balance if available, will give better results than a filter. The filter is a band-aid, but not optimum..........Unless you just want to leave your camera in Auto Mode and live with the "okay, but adequate" results.

really comes down to the question of: "are you a picture taker, or photographer?" big difference.

I give my wife the PT-030 with the magic filter as she doesn't want to fuss with shutterspeeds, f-stops, and manual white balance, but I DO and the results are worth the extra time to learn your full depth of camera features.

How long do those Magic Filters last? They seem like they are just like sheets of cellophane. I couldn't see a picture of it from the web site. Do you just use it on sunny dives below say 40 feet, or is it useful in deep (100 ft range) wreck dives as well?

I was just wondering if there is a way to make my own red filter. I have a pt-32 case and is having a hard time finding a red filter here in the Philippines the ones on ebay costs a lot to ship here. If you have suggestions in making my own filter just post it here.

Thanks,:D

You can find these in Manila, at major scuba dealers. Or contact the ebay seller splashphotography (he's in Manila) and order it locally. Shipping has to be cheaper.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom