Dizzy after decompression dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not to veer too far off topic, but if you hadn't felt dizzy on the ascent I would be focusing on the headache and feeling crappy, and ask about your caffeine intake.

If you regularly have more than a cup or two of caffeine every day and then unintentionally go cold turkey on a day when you are removed from your normal routine, the caffeine withdrawal can be fierce. I describe it as feeling like I have the flu for a full day or so.

Just tossing that thought out there, just in case....

Also possible: head cold, and differential release of pressure on the inner ear.

Agree here. Not hearing all of your symptoms, but based on some of the other things I’m hearing, it does sound more like a basic viral induced up a respiratory infection, a little congestion and change and pressures.

I did have issues descending. I checked my gas and yes everyone there got the mix from the same place with no issues. I'm still feeling a little crappy today but not bad

As I stated above. Oh you describe your “issues” descending. And what do you mean still feeling crappy today.

If you had a mild head cold and created a reverse squeeze in one of your sinuses, feeling crappy the next day wouldn’t be a big surprise. I would suggest some cold tablets and hot showers. Of course free advice from the internet should be considered worth what you paid. You could call DAN.

I'm also going to throw CO2 out there with possible sources being shallow breathing from being nervous with the near gear / skip breathing / overweighting. Post-dive headaches are frequently associated with CO2, so is massive narcosis / dizziness.

Headaches and diving? I’d take a look at your breathing.

As mentioned earlier, poor breathing can lead to issues.

_R

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom