DM5 bad data

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I've been downloading my Suunto Zoop Orange in to the Suunto app (now DM5) for 4 years. I have over 250 dives on it. I use it as a supplement to my paper log book. Tonight when I downloaded a bunch of dives I noticed the data is WAAAAY off. it says I'm hitting max depths of 200+ feet, average depths of well over 100 feet, and surfacing from 140 feet with no stops. When I look at the log on the computer it's fine. Something is getting screwed up in the app. Anyone else seeing this??

Go get a copy of Subsurface > install > download > compare results.
DM5 is not a great program. It's full of bugs, hasn't been updated/fixed in ages, and effectively no longer seems to be supported. My wife has puzzling problems with hers all the time. DM4 is actually better.

Suunto computers occasionally have the pressure sensor go bad. If it's that you should be able to tell when both programs give the same results. If Subsurface works and DM5 doesn't......make your own conclusions.

one.jpg
I also just started to get false readings as well.

reviving dead thread, but i had this issue and switching to subsurface resolved it and imported the data correctly

Back
Top Bottom