Dmao

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mack Diver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
A full OW class, and advanced class and finishing my adv. nitrox / deco class, you get the idea.

Saturday: My OW class was full at 8 students, so I broke them up into two groups to do check out dives. This was at Windy Point, so we got to enjoy the crowds of other classes. Vis was milky by the time we were through. So, by early Sat. afternoon, I had 4 dives in. Later, I met my advanced students at Mansfield and knocked out 3 more dives, finishing the night dive about 9:00.

Sunday: I had another instructor to help with the OW, so we took all 8 down together and shared responsibility. Two dives later, we have a new heard of Open Water divers. The crowds were not as bad as Saturday, but there were still plenty of divers in the water.

By Sunday afternoon, it looked like Oak Hill Scuba day at Windy Point. Andrew and I had our class, Larry showed up with his Master Scuba Diver class, Chrispete made it with his class, Matt was on hand to finish up my adv. nitrox / deco class and my AOW class was en route. We also had a few fun divers in the mix.

Matt and I were gearing up for dive 3 (his) when the storm rolled in. We secured our gear and waited it out in our wetsuits. We finished dive 3 just as my AOW students showed up.

Vis in the shallows was now about chocolate milk. Down deep, vis was actually pretty good. Temp was about 63. Matt commented that my hover was pretty good with doubles. I confessed that I had my right leg pressed against a tree, to give me and idea of how much I was moving in the water column.

By the time the AOW students showed up, the rain had ended, but I was pooped. Plus, the N2 graph on my computer was about to red line, even with a few minutes of deco. So, I decided to indirectly supervise their 1st dive of the day. The students were kind enough to enjoy their air supply, so I had a 1 1/2 hour surface interval before getting back in the water. I did go with them on the last dive and by then, the vis had started to settle a bit. We were the last ones out of the park at about 6:45.

All total, I counted 13 dives in 2 days. I thought you had to be on a live aboard to do that. The final tally for students is 8 new Open Water, 2 new Advanced with Nitrox and I completed my Advanced Nitrox / Deco Procedures class. The Master Scuba Diver class and Chrispete's classes are still in progress.

I got whipped just reading the thread...LOL....congrats on your completion of the tech courses. :)

Congrats on finishing your Adv Nitrox/Deco class, Mack!

Congrats Mack, Im tired just reading this thread and I didnt even get to dive this weekend.

Extend the surface interval a little and then get back after it!!! - Congrats on the new certs!

You should get some kinda t-shirt for that. Congrat's on the AN cert Mack. Well done!

Wow...your weekend was much busier than mine....I had 4 OW on Saturday, 3 on Sunday and 2 AOW Nav1's on Sunday as well. Our other instructor did Wreck and S&R all weekend...he had 4 or 5 students in those....so it was a smallish group, with AI's and DM's we had maybe 17 people at CSSP Sat/Sun.

I now have 24 certs....1 shy of my 25 so I can submit for MSDT. I have pager over the September OW weekend so it'll be October before I get back out with the group. I think I'll offer one of the DM's a free Skin Diver class in the pool so I can get my final cert for the 25.

I wish we had the student load you guys had.....:wink:

Mack if you keep doing that your fingers will web over, your feet will grow so you don't need fins, and you may develope gills.

You should get a swamp monster costume for Halloween!

Back
Top Bottom