" Do a search " " Do a search " "OK already did"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

skeet

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Part of the appeal of Scubaboard and the internet in fact is the "live" or realtime communication (or what ever you want to label it). This has got to be one of the reasons the internet is so successfull. Some here are quick to jump on folks with " I wish people would do a search " and other versions of this statement. Most of us do search and read and still come up with questions or comments and want to talk about it. Whats wrong with that? If I did'nt want to enjoy the 2-way conversation I would have just went and bought a BOOK. Some suggestions for all the "Do a search" thread posters--Lobby to Scubaboard to make it a requirement that new members must read all old threads and be tested on them before they are allowed to make posts, or get Scubaboard to just mail you a news letter and then go turn your computer OFF.

There is already a thread on this, do a search first please.............

I am going to move this to the Whine & Cheeze forum since it isn't something that can be *dealt with* by site support.

However... I agree with you Skeet. The social interaction is important but it is also sometimes difficult to zero in on the information that one wants just by doing a search. That said, I will often suggest searches that readers might do to find addtitional help.

It is most helpful if posters who suggest that a search be done do a search themselves and actually include the link to one or more threads.

Shaka... could you please include a few such links?

I knew that was coming. My whole family is standing here holding a sheet of paper with that message written on it, and I'm telling them "see I told you". Thanks Shaka.

Those are very much appreciated Uncle Pug and very helpful towards my search for higher education. Yea Shaka, do as your Uncle tells you.

I have to agree. While saying "Do a search" can be helpful to avoid the same debates coming up over and over again, allowing for new topics, there are new people joining the board every week who might be able to add to the same old subjects.

Best of both worlds - You might want to do a search to get more information, but I think...

Nauticalbutnice :fruit:

:soapbox: Should I get a B/P wing setup?

Back
Top Bottom