Do any of the Wrist Computers support Mac?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

anomac

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hi, I am slowly getting around to buying gear. I only have Mac computers at home, and while I know I could partition a disk and drop Windows on it, I would actually prefer not to.

So to the brains trust, does anyone know of a company whose software also has a Mac version?

Thanks in advance.

Ano

Take a look at macdive - supported devices
3rd-party Mac-native software that supports most major brands. Donationware. The author is active here on Scubaboard, see the thread http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/co...s-analyzers/225186-new-mac-os-x-dive-app.html

There's an older 3rd-party software that only supports some models of Suunto's computers. See DiveLog That happens to be the one I use.

As for manufacturers themselves directly supporting Mac, there are a couple. Search for Jtrak, which supports Uwatec computers. There may be others, but you'll get the widest choice of computers to select from with Macdive.

An alternative is just getting a Sensus Ultra data recorder, which does have Mac support, and then buying whichever computer you want.

I've got an Oceanic VT3, which isn't supported by Mac. I bought a copy of Parallels and installed a virtual copy of Windows 7. This allows me to run any windows app on my MacBook. Works perfectly.

The UEMIS SDA is platform independant.

All logging functions are browser based and run on Java.

Great computer!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom