Do fish like nitrox?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DivemasterDennis

DivemasterDennis
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Diving in Akumal last week, in a group of 4, one diver was on nitrox. A Grey Angel fish spent several minutes swimming into his bubbles, acting as if it was trying to "eat" them. We wondered if it was the nitrox that attracted the rather large angel fish. I'd never seen this behavior before. However, 2 days later, it was repeated at a different site, with a different fish, but curiously enough, another grey angel fish. Comments, anyone?
DivemasterDennis

Sure is interesting, and only the Nitrox bubbles.

Maybe he had a hangover and wanted some extra O2? hehe

Wonder if anyone else has seen this?

Was he breathing air faster or slower than other divers? Were his bubbles unique in any other way such as size?

Perhaps it was an old geezer angelfish

Perhaps it was an old geezer angelfish

Hey watch the old geezer thing:wink: My Mother who, god bless her is 87 is calling me an old man and I am still a kid, at 55! Bad enough my kids call me Santa when I do the beard thing haha.

Hey drbill, could the angelfish be seeing its reflection in the bubble and getting territorial?

Bob

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom