Do NOT rent regulators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

you know...you all make pretty good points, I think the main thing is to do what you are most comfortable with. I personally do not like to rent gear but I understand the reasons for renting. If you rent you should take the time to test, inspect and verify the cleanliness of all rental gear. If you own your gear then you should properly maintain it. Poorly maintained gear is dangerous whether it is owned or rented. The main thing is being able to stride into the water with confidence and just enjoy the dive. Ok, for what its worth there is my 2 psi

My last statement on this is be responsible for your own diving and to me that means owning and maintaining my own reg and bc. If others want to use other methods to get in the water thats fine with me although I still think they are crazy to do this.

I want to know how to adjust my reg (it does that) at depth and where all the buttons are in the BC without thinking about it.

I will leave now to let this worn out thread troll on!

Just curious - do you sell regulators and/or BCs?

I'm just curious, but why is it necessary to challenge the motive of a person who has a different opinion than yours?

I have noticed that there are several people on this thread who think it is necessary to try to suggest that those who think owning your own gear must somehow be tied to ownership of a dive shop. As if those whose opinion is different than yours must be tied to something other than dive safety. If you go back and read through all of this thread there are several instances where those of us who feel renting regs/BCs isn't the safest way to go have this same argument thrown back at us.

I could suggest that that people like you just don't give a flip about diver safety and that would be just as logical.

I have been diving for a long, long time. Over the years, I have come to the conclusion that there are two separate groups of divers. There is the group that won't cut corners where safety is concerned and there is the group that will cut corners where safety is concerned. I don't cut corners. In my opinion people who recommend renting regs and BCs are cutting corners with their and others ultimate safety.

If you have a different opinion then that is ok with me. Just don't suggest that my opinion is somehow tied to making money.

Back
Top Bottom