Do people actually dive in the UK or is it myth?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:( - at least in a quarrry there's nothing to distract from training :)

I've been training the last 2 weekends, last week in Loch Fyne ( -12deg coming over Rannoch Moor!) - flat calm and sunny - did loads of rescues and stuff. This weekend just gone, Naomi's on leave from Shetland, the only site diveable was Dwarwick which is kind of boring - so did some more rescues adn practised different lifts - until we landed on a lumpsucker in breeding colours - but 6 deg was _cold!!
Doing Master Diver lectures next weekend - probably squish in a dive of some sort at the same time though :) - and sea kayaking off Oban the weekend after - wish work didn't get in the way soooo much

. The south coast is being greatly effected by the constant easterly winds which has reduced the vis to about 0.5m!

weird, it's so calm on the east side at the moment here, I drove into work this morning the sea and skay were so close in colour that the boats looked like they were floating with the odd streak of silver as the sun shone down. The North coast is almost as flat - but the temperatures rule out much in the way of rib diving! - vis is around 20m even inshore :)

i hope these easterleys clear up before Easter. they kill the diving from Poole & Weymouth, it used to be OK from West Bay because Chesil beach gave shelter, but launching from the new slip at West Bay on an easterly is 'interesting'.

Life has been so busy this year that it's going to be Easter before we get out, they way this year has gone so far you can guarantee bad weather then.

Had my car broken into last night, nothing taken, but still have to use time in getting it repaired!

Hi UK,

I'm a Brit living over in Taiwan but am always interested to look over your bit of the forum to hear how it is over there in the cold UK waters .. just one request, can you guys/gals post a few pics from time to time, as I kind of miss seeing the life from the UK oceans.

Cheers

just one request, can you guys/gals post a few pics from time to time, as I kind of miss seeing the life from the UK oceans.
Here's half a dozen to get you going...............

DSCF7379sml.JPG

DSCF7034sm.JPG

DSCF4979.JPG

DSCF3993.JPG

DSCF5015.JPG

DSCF4952.JPG

Back
Top Bottom