Do people really get swallowed by whales?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

general

Registered
Reaction score
Anyone gone diving with humpbacks or the like while feeding? Are there any chances that you'll be accidentally swallowed by them?

Even if you could swim fast enough to correctly position yourself for ingestion it would be quite a fight to get yourself past the baleen plates into their mouth: something that the whale would probably take offence at.

Whales are better swimmers and more aware of their surroundings then scuba divers. They aren't going to accidentally swallow you.

A whale would probably die if you got into its throat.

According to the Weekly World News last week, they found a whale with Jonah's skeleton in it (no kidding, I read it while in the supermarket line buying my weekly supply of Fun-yums, those fake onion rings). You know, the same newspaper that routinely runs photos of "batboy" and the space alien who likes to shake hands with Bill Clinton.

shakeybrainsurgeon:
According to the Weekly World News last week, they found a whale with Jonah's skeleton in it (no kidding, I read it while in the supermarket line buying my weekly supply of Fun-yums, those fake onion rings). You know, the same newspaper that routinely runs photos of "batboy" and the space alien who likes to shake hands with Bill Clinton.

Fun yuns... :rofl3: talk about a blast from the past... they still sell those?

Tamas:
Yeah I met him and Elvis the other day, driving in a pink Eldorado sipping margaritas :rofl3:

The one with the Zebra seat covers?

Yeah, I know the one... :lol2:

general:
Anyone gone diving with humpbacks or the like while feeding? Are there any chances that you'll be accidentally swallowed by them?
Absolutely. It's happened to me twice now. There I am, hovering motionless above some wreck just getting my zen on, and all of a sudden some damned Leviathan comes along and ingests me. I HATE that when that happens! Damned whales...

:wink:

Doc Intrepid:
Absolutely. It's happened to me twice now. There I am, hovering motionless above some wreck just getting my zen on, and all of a sudden some damned Leviathan comes along and ingests me. I HATE that when that happens! Damned whales.. :wink:

Well, it's the exit that is a real pain in the a55... in more ways than one. :eyebrow:

Back
Top Bottom