Do people really get swallowed by whales?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pakman:
Came across this photo Ryan from Reef Photo & Video posted over in wetpixel.com...

that whale shark has that look in his eye like he's thinking "enough of this tiny plankton crap... wonder how that dive would taste"... :D
_MG_0406.jpg
Actually, the Whale SHARK is saying, c'mon, how about a kiss. I can do better than that silly nurse shark in the other video.

jeraldjcook:
Hasn't anyone seen Pinocchio? The wouldn't put it in a movie if it wasn't true. :D I'm still looking for a talking cricket.
It wasn't true. Look at how they escaped. Eveyone knows that the way to get out of a whale once you are eaten is to run around until you are pooped out.

I have had a few divers tell me that they were swallowed by whales. Of course, all were doing drugs at the time and one swears that the whale had red and white stripes.

tedtim:
It wasn't true. Look at how they escaped. Eveyone knows that the way to get out of a whale once you are eaten is to run around until you are pooped out.
Actually what you should do when diving is bring a bottle of ipecac syrup with you. Sure to make any whale puke. :D I hated when my mom gave me that junk. Not sure I would want to be mixed up in whale puke but then again if I was inside a whale I probably wouldn’t care. :11:

general:
Anyone gone diving with humpbacks or the like while feeding? Are there any chances that you'll be accidentally swallowed by them?

Yes, happened to me. No big deal. Once I ended up in the stomach I tickled the whale and was puked out. Only problem with being swallowed by a whale is that once you're released it makes for a long swim back to the boat. Oh, and you're pretty stinky.

It's happened to me 2 or 3 times. You get used to it. If you want to read up on it, read Fluke by Christopher Moore.:rofl3:

Is this thread still not in the Humor section...?

:lol:

Back
Top Bottom