Question Do you check-in sports gear or regular?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In my experience the "sports equipment" clause allows you to check a minimal amount (exactly 1) of over-sized stuff (think a fancy bicycle in a hard case or a bunch of hockey sticks).

This is not extra stuff. It still needs to fit within your luggage limits. You do not get an extra bag for this crap.

There is no such thing as a free lunch. If there was, my aunt Lucy would check all of her luggage for free as rudby gear.

Knowing this, I reveal nothing about the contents of my checked luggage.

Etihad:

Planning an action-packed sporting holiday? Take all the equipment you need with our flexible baggage policy – just make sure it's within your checked baggage allowance and is no longer than 300cm. Most sports equipment can be included as part of your baggage allowance, and if you’re flying with golf clubs, you can take one golf bag for free, in addition to your checked baggage allowance.

Golf clubs​

You can carry one set of clubs for free, weighing up to 15kg. This is in addition to your baggage allowance. One set may consist of clubs, balls and one pair of golf shoes. If you’re carrying a golf umbrella separately, this will count as an additional item and fees may apply.
We do not accept liability for your equipment whilst you travel.

Etihad:

Planning an action-packed sporting holiday? Take all the equipment you need with our flexible baggage policy – just make sure it's within your checked baggage allowance and is no longer than 300cm. Most sports equipment can be included as part of your baggage allowance, and if you’re flying with golf clubs, you can take one golf bag for free, in addition to your checked baggage allowance.

Golf clubs​

You can carry one set of clubs for free, weighing up to 15kg. This is in addition to your baggage allowance. One set may consist of clubs, balls and one pair of golf shoes. If you’re carrying a golf umbrella separately, this will count as an additional item and fees may apply.
We do not accept liability for your equipment whilst you travel.
Awesome! Specify the airline....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom