Do you dive locally?

Do you primarily dive locally, or at vacation locations?

• All of my dives are on vacation.

Votes: 14 5.2%
  • Most of my dives are done on vacation, but some are local.

Votes: 29 10.9%
  • Most of my dives are local, but some are done on vacation.

Votes: 185 69.3%
  • All of my dives are local dives.

Votes: 37 13.9%
  • I am a commercial diver - I dive where I live - underwater.

Votes: 2 0.7%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would say 80% local 20% on vacation. If I win the lottery, those numbers will change dramatically. :crafty:

Living in Chicago my choices of diving locally means I have to dive in cold water where the viz can be pretty bad at times. So do I dive locally? You bet I do! We have some great wrecks in Lake Michigan. That's why God created dry suits so we can dive these wrecks.

My last warm water dive (Hawaii) was in 1995. Most dives before that and every dive since has been made in southern and central California. I don't get to take vacations often, but my two dream dive vacations are to northern California and British Columbia.

The majority of my diving is local. Most of my "vacation" dives have been to colder, lower vis locations....but with two trips to tropical places (though one was to get certified).

I do about 75% of my dives locally off New Jersey. Cold, dark and GREAT !!!

I am blessed to live 25 minutes away from a inland dive site that consistently has 50'+ vis and a constant 72 degree water year round. Naturally most of my diving is local, but I jump at the chance to dive in the Caribbean or the cenotes in the Yucatan.

the vast majority of mine are locally. Though nothing can compare to diving in a wonderful place like Hawaii I do find low vis to be interesting. It kind of helps build awareness to your dive buddies and helps learn how to navigate. So when in the clear blue its all fun and enjoyment!

I likely do about 50/50. Diving locally in winter in CO involves a 6 hour trip to one of a couple spots, but I consider it local none the less!

My diving on vacation tends to involve a lot of dive time, so I can match close to a years worth of local dives on just one or maybe two trips.

My general dive goal is to be in the water at least every couple of months so I go a month between dives, but I will generally do 6 plus dives when I do go. On vacation 4 dives a day is common, but after a job change our month long trips to FL are over for a while anyway.

Mainly cold water, here in Northern California. I try to dive whereever I go and that influenced my vacation choices.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom