Do you dive with a knife? How about a big knife?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A pig pig or a human pig?
Just a pig....I was teasing about sterotypes.
The reality is of course, that we use sterotypes to exist....so many things happening, that your brain needs to categorize in order to get a lot of what's coming in to process. Some is accomplished better than others.

I have an array of cutting devices from large dive knives to EZ cut trilobites.
Depends where I am diving and who I am diving with.
The large knives are cool but I have gotten some serious tangles with them on lines you do not want to cut!
EMT scissors are a huge plus if you need them priceless! I like pockets for them.
The cable cutters are a huge help in wrecks where things are always waiting to entangle you even on cleaned wrecks.
Favorite all time that rolls with me on every dive is the EX cut it is so small and easy to use! I have used it!

CamG

I always dive with at least one knife, sometimes 2 or 3 depending on what I am doing that dive. The big knife is more of a tool for working rather sport diving.

I always have a knife because I would rather have it and not need it then not have it.

Here is mine: 30051.jpg

I haven't had an entaglement either...knock on wood.

But I have just my shears and line cutter to collect fishing line from the coral or to open fish traps that have been neglected.

No, have never had a reason for one where I dive.

You only do swimming pools then? :D

<this is a joke>I think I'll need one even in swimming pools because some tits always love to see whether they can dive bomb scuba divers in practice. </this IS a joke>

Anyway, I sure was glad I didn't forget mine or left it in the bag yesterday. Came across another large abandoned net lying on top of a group of corals. Decided not to remove it since it'd make a good hiding place for marine life but cut away a square foot which was covering a large tube / pipe looking coral.

I haven't had an entaglement either...knock on wood.

But I have just my shears and line cutter to collect fishing line from the coral or to open fish traps that have been neglected.

I get a certain amount of satisfaction in cutting the lines off of illegal crab pots when I find them. Closed season, fresh bait, no visible buoy? I'm either going to take it for myself or cut the line to it and collapse it so that nothing can get in it.

I used to find them around the Old Town Dock and the Silver Cloud Inn in the Tacoma area a couple years ago. Haven't seen any recently though.

I used to dive with my Navy Mk VII, but that was way too macho and oiling the blade was a hassle. Nowadays I use a 3" blade attached to my inflator hose. I've got a titanium 6" too, but haven't used it yet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom