Do you ever break the rules?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

By todays standards I have broken so many rules that i'm surprised I still breathing. Many of us were diving before someone came up with these "rules" so we didn't know any better. Were we just tougher, stronger and had more guts to do the stuff we did back in the 60's and 70's or just didn't know any better and that's why they made all these "rules" that shouldn't be broken ?

When i got certified back in '88 Sudafed was recomended by my instructor before every dive... Now it's a No-No..
I dive alone sometimes, but only on shallow beach dives, or when working on the boat tied up at the marina...
I once left a boat un attended... I'll NEVER break that one again... cause we also underestimated the current, and almost got washed clear out of Vineyard Sound.. i am VERY grateful the anchor held in all that current... And that a passing boat was able to pluck my buddies and i out of the water and shuttle us back to the boat.
I've been diving for a while now.. and although i've added Nitrox and Drysuit certifications, i still have not gotten my Advanced Open Water, but often dive deeper and enter wrecks, but never alone...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom