Do you know what a haggis is?

Do you know what a haggis is?

• A small bird that lives in the highlands of Scotland that has lost the use of its wings

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • A traditional Scottish dish made from sheep's stomach lining filled with oats, sheep's liver, onions

Votes: 85 93.4%
  • A small animal not dissimilar to a duck-billed platypus that lives in the highlands of Scotland whic

Votes: 4 4.4%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm an adventurous eater, but why is it that I find haggis, associated with my own ethnicity, so revolting? BTW, please pass the sea cucumber in black bean sauce...LOL!

Sounds to me like this could be a relative of the jackalope.

Don, I think you mean "menudo," a tripe soup long touted as a cure for the common hangover, although it may be a case of the cure being worse that the disease...
I've had tripe itself, marinated and grilled beyond recognition from a street vendor in Hermsillo, and I'm still here to talk about it. Not one of my smarter moves, but It was actually okay. Ignorance can, indeed be bliss on the food front.

The Mexican Food cafe in my small farm town serves it for breakfast every morning.

You ate food from a street vendor? :bandito: Tough gal!!

don

:weak:

Friends don't let friends eat haggis.

*shudder*

Why would anyone WANT to eat that garbage! *harfs*

for one's clothes after a skin full of Scots liquor is the best way to rid yourself of a hangover.

On a slight different subject ... any one know what a durian is and where its found?

Now, oddly enough, I am a big durian fan. It is a fruit, roughly the size and shape of an American football, and it is found in Southeast Asia. The outside is green and spikey, and on the inside, there is a custard-like subtance found around seeds like avocado pits. I enjoyed them in Malaysia, where a classmate's family had a fruit farm.

There is one major negative - the odor. Many Westerners find this hard to get past. It smells something like rotten onions, but worse. I bought some frozen durian here in a Vietnamese grocery, and it stunk up my freezer. A small price to pay, I thought.

Do a search on the word "durian" on the board and see the divergence of opinion you will find.

I would not put this in the same category as haggis, though. Some things are just better left to the dogs.

It takes one full bottle of scotch to properly eat haggis....

1/2 the bottle to get stupid enough to taste the crap, then the other half to wash the taste out of your mouth.:wacko:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom