Do you pay double just to support LDS?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't know if I am just lucky or what. After reading through most of this thread, I looked online and compared my computers price at my LDS and what LP and others had it priced for. Kind of funny actually, it was the same price. I actually did some trading with my LDS to get what I wanted so I didn't price it online before trading for it. But the price was identical. I have looked at the prices of every thing I have purchased at the LDS in the past. Everything but my scubapro reg was priced within 5% of what I could find it online for. The reg was of course more expensive at the LDS. Without the hassles of packing and shipping for service or warranty work I chose to buy it from the LDS.

I recently made a Cozumel trip, I had a light that flooded while I was there. I had purchased the light about 3 years ago. I took the light in to see what could be done. The LDS apologized for the problems I had encountered on my trip and shipped the light back to the manufacturer to see what they would do. 10 days later I was called and informed my replacement light was in, I needed to come by and pick it up.

Good pricing and excellent customer service, why go anywhere else?

I would also like to add, they have been in business for over 50 years. The shop is one of the biggest shops I have been in and is pretty well stocked with about anything a diver would need. They also have an in-house pool and a large assortment of classes available. Any piece of equipment comes with a free use of the pool. They don't have a lot of equipment to demo in the pool but they do have some. They also have a travel agency and offer reasonably priced group trips to an assortment of destinations.

I'm sure they aren't always the cheapest though they are very comparable price wise to internet pricing. If only everybody had the same experience with their LDS..............Scubaboard would have a lot less posts.

I go to our LDS exclusively. I will pay more to support them, however, I don't think I've ever had to. The price (for whatever) is rarely more than what I've seen online. I tell them what I'm looking for, what I want to use it for, and how much I would like to pay. Then they put something together for me. One time, they pulled a BC out of the rental gear and 'retired' it on the spot to re-sell to me -- perfect fit, perfect price and they serviced it before I picked it up.

Back
Top Bottom