Do you smoke

Do you smoke? I am talking about any kind of smoke

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Perhaps there is a need for a new type of certification for divers:

NICTROX or maybe NICMONOX -- a blend of oxygen, nicotine and carbon monoxide that satisfies those cravings that occur during extended dives.

"Fire on one end and a fool on the other." -- My Dad, a few years before dying of nasopharyngeal carcinoma.

smoked for 15 years, now just the occasional cigar.

do I miss it....hell yes
would I smoke if there were no health issues, it was free, and didnt hurt others....HELL YES.

Technology_Shark:
To those of you who have quit, I applaud you and beg you to tell me your secrets.

I used to smoke a pack a day years ago. Wasn't too difficult for me to quit because of the way I did it. Maybe it'll work for some of you. Like many of you, I would have my first cigarrette fairly early in the morning and then smoke another 19 or so throughout the day. What I decided to do was to delay the time at which I first started smoking in the morning and then smoked like I normally would for the rest of the day until I went to bed. Each day I'd add 15 minutes to the start time.

For example, if I normally started smoking at 7:30am, I'd delay my start time until 7:45am the next day and smoke like normal until bed. In about a week or so, I wasn't starting until 9:30am. Pretty soon, you're not smoking until after lunch time and have significantly cut down on the cigarettes throughout the day. Although you can smoke for the rest of the day as you normally would, you'll find that the time between cigarettes will start to increase (further cutting down the number of cigarettes you have). Finally, you'll get to the point where you're only have a couple a day, and quitting at that point is significantly easier because it is no longer the ingrained habit that you're used to and many of the physiological cravings will have eased off with the reduced nicotine consumption.

This also makes it easier to do because, at least for me, many of the triggers for smoking are later in the day--dinner, bars, and other social situations where you tend to light up--and you still can smoke without it making you crazy by going cold turkey. Been a non-smoker now for 14 years.

I just burnt a "left hander" and now I can't find my cig's???

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom