Do You Solo Top Side Too ???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Timeliner

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Do you Solo Top Side Too or do you Just Feel That Way?

Myself , I seem to be surrounded by people almost all the time that need me to do something for them. I'm a college instructor and teach Watchmaking... You know, those high grade, expensive, heavy metal, little mechanical tech. gadgets?
Diving into one of them is like a solo dive for me.
Not many people do that and fewer teach it so I get lots of questions bounced off of me. I always have about 20 people at different levels in the course that have me jamming all day, all week. 3 daughters ~ 7 grandkids and you can guess the rest I bet.

I actually feel alone almost all the time though. ( sort of )
I would guess that some of us here are engulfed by people most of the time but still
Feel Apart

Solo Diving and diving in general seem to make it all make sense.

A Question for You ???

Are you Solo all the time or just when you Dive

Although I was not an only child there was a 16 year difference between my older siblings and I.We lived in the country with few close neighbors so I grew up mainly solo and have no problem being alone both above or below the surface. I have friends who would go crazy if they didn't have someone to talk to 24/7.

Yeah. It does not bother me to be alone and alot of the time I prefer it. It's why(among other reasons) my fiance and I who have been together going on 6 yrs don't live together. She lives across the street. But from two falied marriages that were not all my fault I recognized that I'm not easy to live with. I enjoy traveling alone, driving alone, and eating alone does not bother me. Diving alone seems like a natural thing.

Timeliner:
Do you Solo Top Side Too or do you Just Feel That Way?[/B]

I'm a college instructor and teach Watchmaking...
Tick Tock Tech? Sorry, couldn't resist. :)
I'm always surrounded by people wanting something from me topside. I enjoy my solo dives because they give me a couple hours of escape and solitude.

If I go to the bar or restaurant solo, its cheaper for me. If I drive somewhere solo, I get to pick the station. If I dive solo, I get to say when it's turnaround time and where I'm diving. Sometimes it just pays to solo. Oh and if home alone, I command the remote. Dancing with the Stars? don't think so.

Very interesting thread. One I can really identify with, too. Coincidently enough, I was an only child also. I would rather avoid crowds than be overly social. My job as an HVAC mechanic is almost always done on a solo basis. I normally drive everywhere alone. I love to dive alone, even when I go out on a charter. My best times are when I'm just swimming around on the bottom by myself, not worrying about anything, no work cares, no stress, no screaming kids...etc.

I spend a lot of time on other activities (other than scuba) on my own. I too love to drive around by myself. I own a vintage Mustang and get as many miles on it as possible every year. I run on my own, skate, work on my car, and I'm often alone when I work.
I can stand my own company for long periods:wink: . I also love my "family" time but I need the solo getaways.

Dave

I came into this world alone and I'll go out alone. Nothing wrong with a few dives that way. That being said I do enjoy the fellowship of some other divers. And my wife who I love being alone with.

Back
Top Bottom