• yes

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • yes

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • yes

Votes: 6 20.7%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

D_B:
I wait until I see how the voting goes :D

The right choice is just a no brainer ......

Hahaha! I find it interesting that most people chose the 3rd one :D I've always believed that when it comes to choices, when in doubt, pick "C".

Doc Ed:
Hahaha! I find it interesting that most people chose the 3rd one :D I've always believed that when it comes to choices, when in doubt, pick "C".

Dang, Ive been busted.

Actually this was a cleverly designed experiment to see if more people would pick C than any other letter.

If you have read this, please dont vote on my upcomming poll "I would you love to see a MOD explode"

:11:

Missdirected:
I find too many lack the ability to carry out the the task of moderator
Do you question NetDoc's ability to pick up MODs?

Missdirected:
Other times, they are unable to be unbiased in their thinking - even when it comes to the greater good of SB.
This is simply a human nature - none of us, humans, are capable of being completely and utterly unbiased. Are you completely unbiased in this opinion? Is all you have in mind is really the greater good of SB? Or maybe some personal relations did have an influence on you when writing this sentence?

Missdirected:
they lack the skill in carrying out and/or lack the moral integrity. Further you will find others will often cover for them. Making situations evens sadder.
To be honest I found this line as very, very offensive and very biased. And very unfair to all MODs.

Missdirected:
Recently, someone in the back room said to me essentially not to push them
In the back room or from the back room?
Maybe my English is not very good, but as far as I understand you don't know what we talk about IN the back room.
To be honest I'm a bit shocked by your post.
Mania

PS. Not to mentioned the fact that you missed the whole humour part of this thread. Did you read the poll options?

mania:
Do you question NetDoc's ability to pick up MODs?

:11:

Sorry, mania, I couldn't resist! :D

Yes, I did miss the humor it was late that evening, ah well. No biggie. I got it the next day, whatever the world didn't all apart so...

In reference to Doc’s ability to pick mods, please do not misconstrue or add your meaning to my words. I have hired many people in my lifetime, I have also fired a great many. Often times letting someone go was not easy, as I liked him or her outside of our professional relationship. However, for whatever reason they did not fit in with my company or its goals. Doc has the same issues when it comes to hiring and firing, I am sure. Mania, one of my life’s lessons, if you will, is to be truthful to myself and to be strong in my moral integrity. If I am not; sure others may not know but the thing is - I will know. No one can build you as a person. Only you can build yourself. I work to be someone my children can follow and be proud of. I work to show not all of life’s decisions are easy but you must do what is right in your soul in order to build a strong integrity - and know life's passion's. Yes, SB is high on my list for many, many reasons. Please do not pretend to know what they are because I can tell you now that you are a very long way off.

As for stating that my feelings on moral integrity should offend all mods – that is just ludicrous. I absolutely did not say all mods. :no Mania, in all business’ people come and people go. People are given opportunities and often they fail and are released from their duties. Have you not worked with other mods that were let go? Did you not agree with the reasoning or do you think everyone was let go unfairly?

Lastly, I did not say I know what goes on in the back-room. I stated someone from the backroom said to me… This was not a message from the mods as a whole. This was a pm advising me on certain issues. No more no less.

mania:
To be honest I found this line as very, very offensive and very biased. And very unfair to all MODs.

PS. Not to mentioned the fact that you missed the whole humour part of this thread. Did you read the poll options?

Ahh, lighten up Mania. Mods are like bosses...sort of. And if you're a boss, you have to get used being called names (behind your back of course) and thought of as an a*%$##@, no matter how good or fair you are. :D

ahhhh, as the movie spiderman went on to say, "with great power comes great responsibility...."

that's why we- ordinary SB netizens- do notice it more when the MODs post something "unmoderated". not really fair, i know. but that is why not everybody can be one, because it does take a lot of effort to remain neutral, less intense, and not get too personal.

and that is also the reason why some people would rather not be one.

Missdirected:
In reference to Doc’s ability to pick mods, please do not misconstrue or add your meaning to my words.
It's a bit difficult - I'm only reading what you wrote. And you wrote that some MODs are worthless. So it is questioning what the owner of this board does.

Missdirected:
Doc has the same issues when it comes to hiring and firing, I am sure.
And how do you know this? Does he discuss with you his human resources decissions? I doubt this but if yes, he does then I do apologise. During the time I'm a MOD there were several changes in the MOD squad. All decission made by Pete. So I rather strongy disagree with you. Maybe you don't really know him?

Missdirected:
Mania, one of my life’s lessons, if you will, is to be truthful to myself and to be strong in my moral integrity

Missdirected:
I stated someone from the backroom said to me… This was not a message from the mods as a whole. This was a pm advising me on certain issues

If anybody told you anything about what was discussed in the back room (which I have problems believing) was breaching the confidentiality. How does this goes with moral integrity? I understand in this case you didn't have a problem, right?

Missdirected:
As for stating that my feelings on moral integrity should offend all mods – that is just ludicrous. I absolutely did not say all mods.

Did you or didn't you wrote this:
Missdirected:
Bottom line, too many are given a job that quite simply they lack the skill in carrying out and/or lack the moral integrity. Further you will find others will often cover for them. Making situations evens sadder.

You didn't write "some" you wrote "others".
My english is not very good, so I even check Cambridge Dictionary (I'm sorry I speak British English rather than American one).
others - people in general, not including yourself:
Let me stress "in general" as a meaning of the word "others". So how am I suppose to understand your sentence? Because for me it means "MODs in general".

As I said - I was offended by your post. And I think quite a bunch of other MODs as well. Maybe you should not write such posts when it's late evening? In the morning things are normally much brighter
:D
Mania

Okay I am not going to play this with you. I have my opinion, as do you which is fair enough. Two final points I will again try to make clear to you, as you seem so very lost; I did not question Pete as an owner :no Anyone who is tasked with the hiring and firing of people has the same issues to deal with. It is a given Mania, not something made up. Simply because they have to sometimes fire someone they hired does not make them a bad leader. Never did I say that or pull it into question. Secondly, why you would think that my being advised of something by a member of the back-room would be considered a breach is beyond me. You are seriously stretching there. One last thing; I did not use the word "worthless". Some really don't have to time to put into this board, that is one of the reasons, among a myriad of others, why some just may not be able to fulfill the duty of mod. Remember it is a heck of a responsibility. Perhaps more than some may have realized and there is nothing wrong in that.

Back
Top Bottom