• yes

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • yes

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • yes

Votes: 6 20.7%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MODs are needed on this board and MOST of my experience with them has been great ... I just wish we did not have to bug them sooo much .... like if you could make it when I plan my groups so that I can update my first post daily ... as it stands I have to ask a MOD to help ... when it such a simple thing I could do it without adding to the case load of the MODS and maybe just notify my MOD when I update ... is something like this possible?
Kim P

Divergirl4u:
MODs are needed on this board and MOST of my experience with them has been great ... I just wish we did not have to bug them sooo much .... like if you could make it when I plan my groups so that I can update my first post daily ... as it stands I have to ask a MOD to help ... when it such a simple thing I could do it without adding to the case load of the MODS and maybe just notify my MOD when I update ... is something like this possible?
Kim P

No, Kim- sorry but it is not possible. It's a moderator function. You do have tha ability to edit your own post for a period of time- I think it is 12 hours, but I could be wrong. You will see an "Edit" button in the bottom right hand of your post until the time has elapsed.

deepstops:
So you're saying #2 is the new #3? You might very well be on to something with that :wink:

I remember back when I we were being taught how to make test questions for exams. In general, we usually put the answers somewhere in the middle. A or D were too obvious, so they were usually distractors. So it was B or C. For some sub-conscious reason, I usually ended up putting the answer in C. I guess this means its time to buck that trend :D

Marvel:
No, Kim- sorry but it is not possible. It's a moderator function. You do have tha ability to edit your own post for a period of time- I think it is 12 hours, but I could be wrong. You will see an "Edit" button in the bottom right hand of your post until the time has elapsed.

24 hours

Divergirl4u:
Kim P
Kim - in the LOCAL CALENDAR function (within the Trips and Marketplace) allows you to have a "sign up list" which is very helpful, and you can just refer people to the "list" and that eliminates the need to update the first post in a thread with who is coming.

(I just found this myself not too long ago) :blush:

[hijack]
HowardE:
Kim - in the LOCAL CALENDAR function (within the Trips and Marketplace) allows you to have a "sign up list" which is very helpful, and you can just refer people to the "list" and that eliminates the need to update the first post in a thread with who is coming.

If you look at your event (West invades East Meet and Greet) you'll see it in the lower left corner.[/hijack]

El Orans:
[hijack]If you look at your event (West invades East Meet and Greet) you'll see it in the lower left corner.[/hijack]
HowardE:
Wow thanks guys this is very helpful .... so then I would just post a link to that page and ask members to sign up there .... 2 kewl :14:
See we need MOD's for blondes like me :blinking:
KP

mania:
Me? Lost? You are not serious, right?

Yes you did. You questioned the ability to moderate and morality of some MODs whom he has chosen to be Mods. The conclusion is simple.

I know this. I'm responsible for 30 people in my office. How many people you have beneath you? For how many of them you are the boss?
I hire and fire them. Good leader is the one who knows who to hire and who to fire. And does it. You don't have to tell me this, really. I have fired quite a bunch of people in my life, despite the fact whether I liked them or not. They were simply not fitted to do the job they were suppose to.
Still - you don't know Pete. He is a very good leader because - with due respect to you - he knows better than you whom he wants to have as a MOD.

Did I?

Are you the HR Director here to judge? Or the owner of the board?

You are telling ME???? Just a small reminder - I'm a Mod here so I do know how much responsibility it is. Do you know? I also know how hard it is. And how hard ALL Mods work. And sometimes how unfair few users are.

As you can see even in this thread you are just the only one really complaining. It should make you thinking, don't you think so?

Being a Mod means always that each of us has friends and enemies here. Because sometimes we have to make decision someone would not like. And still we really try to moderate only when it's necessary. I'm probably the last one to over moderate. After all what Pete keeps on repeating - we are here for fun. Miss D, do you have fun while being here? If yes - this is what is the most important. Stick to it. Cheer up and have fun.
Mania

This I find this reaction to be a bit harsh ... after all ... you guys asked the question ..... dont get upset by the answers and opinions you get.
KP

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom