Doc's Proplugs do any of you divers use it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Possibly check into custom made Westone AquaNots. I have a set, but havent dove with them yet, just snorkeled.

again, you should look into the Westone Aqua Nots. Custom fitted. Find a local place and talk with them about it.

Jeff,

Your post says that you haven't tried diving with your AquaNots yet (italics mine). From what I've read about them, they are designed to exclude water from the ear while swimming and probably work perfectly well for that. However, if you plug your external ear canal completely and descend on a dive, you are going to experience a potentially catastrophic external ear squeeze. You're also advising this diver to do the same. Probably not such a good idea.

Best,
DDM

Jeff,

Your post says that you haven't tried diving with your AquaNots yet (italics mine). From what I've read about them, they are designed to exclude water from the ear while swimming and probably work perfectly well for that. However, if you plug your external ear canal completely and descend on a dive, you are going to experience a potentially catastrophic external ear squeeze. You're also advising this diver to do the same. Probably not such a good idea.

Best,
DDM

Good catch, before you made the post I had already looked at AquaNots and noted that it was not compatible with diving (I thought I mentioned this somewhere?). I am not going to do something that hasn't been proven to work just because there's that much more risk. I don't know if the ear masks are proven to work but that is something I can test with 10-20ft of water.

As much as I'd like to dive, the possibility is extremely small/slim.

Back
Top Bottom