Does any one know about this??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dstang65

Registered
Reaction score
I am an avid speed junky. Be it cars, planes, boats or trains, as long as it's quick I love it. This is the question. I'm currently watching some APBA off-shore powerboat racing on Speedvision. And I heard the announcer mention that the pilot and trottle-man were breathing NITROX on-board. Some of these boats seem to have masks much like jetfighters which act like scuba in case the boat capsize or sink, thus giving the inhabitants some chance of rescue. Can anyone tell me why at sea-level they might me on NITROX? I'm wondering if anyone here might be a fan or have some knowledge of this? Also, would it be prudent to put oxygen enriched gases on a machine which might possibly catch fire which is also loaded with high octane fuel and multi thousand hp engines? Just a thought is all. Any answers would be appreciated.

"...If he is lucky a (Navy)diver will die young, 200ft beneath the waves, for that is the closest he will ever come to being a hero."
-from Men of Honor

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom