Does anybody have directions to Okinawa dive spots?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Smile, Its too bad that if a site is not posted on the mccs webpage as a dive site the chances are no one will dive it, at least the large transient population of Americans. The locals don't dive many of the places American's do on the Island because they're too far from the hotels. So even if you get the coords for any one of the "newly discovered" wrecks few people will dive them.

Barracuda Smile

I also believe in liberty and freedom but there is also the freedom to withhold.

Although I would also like to hit these sites and have also asked Katamuki to take me to these sites, he is in no way, in my opinion, obligated to disclose the information.

It indeed will be ironic when the site is independently located but, until then, we can search...

The freedom to withhold is what started this thread.

Barracuda thanks for posting lat longs on hotdives

Baracuda Smile,

For whatever reason I can't get your link to open in either IE or FF?

Are you trying to get to www.hotdive.com from work? The Internet Protocal (IP) address for hotdive is a Polish web site. Many work places block foriegn IP addresses. The web site is very friendly and very free to allow you to add or modify dive sites. Hotdive has simlar features as scuba board with message boards, and photo posting but what I like is the capability to plot dive sites on google maps. If you use the hybrid feature on the google maps on hotdive you can see not only the entry exit site but also see the edge of the reef yet still see the roads that lead up to the dive site.

The freedom to withhold is what started this thread.

Barracuda thanks for posting lat longs on hotdives

Mongodives,

You are welcome! Coming soon I am going to scan in the Dive Points Map for its aireal photo's and its dive point maps. I will include all of mainland Okinawa, and the Kerama's.

I have already plotted ten wrecks for Okinawa on www.hotdive.com I plan to add ten more this week from information that my friend has given me. I am also researching photographs from an airplane taken at low tide. This will allow you to better plan your dives. I also owe the dive community the dive site for Iromote, and Ishagaki. I invite everyone to check out my work, please make comments and corrections. I have worked on hotdive because there are so many divers in Okinawa, Japan that are looking for new and intersting dive sites.

Baracuda and Japan diver you seem to be the most vocal of divers on Okinawa, does anyone else on Okinawa or the rest of the world know about the diving on Okinawa?

Baracuda, does anybody dive on Okinawa other than us?? Or is it we're the only ones who know about SB?

Orwan Bay - better known as Oura Wan Bay, off Camp Schwab...probably did a hundred plus dives there and never saw a one. Also lived right off the beach, and would walk along the water at night (supposedly they're out in the evening), but again, nothing. And up there you'd be able to see a big dark object when vis is near-perfect and the depth is only 7' :)

Monodives I think every one took the winter off.

Sadie I finally got to dive Camp Schwab. We did a bit of a surface swim but we eventually got down to 87' on the left side of the islands/ Orawan Bay. The visibilty had to be over 150'. When we turned around at 87' feet the slope kept going down to well over 150'. We found no evidence of the Dugon's nor the trails through the eel grass. We did see one sea turtle and I have been told that sea turtles and dugons travel together. I think my searches will take me further north. Have you dove further north along the eastern shore of Okinawa? If so have you seen bays full of eel grass?

FYI I have added all the Decompression Chambers on Okinawa, Japan complete with LAT LONGS to www.hotdive.com . I have also added the underwater maps for many of these dive sites from the "Dive Point Maps". I have created a map for Water Treatment Plant so you can brief your new Open Water Students. A update is coming soon.

I need local divers help to write up driving directions to these sites. All you have to do is click on the dive site that you want to write the diving directions to and click on comments then add your directions.

Coming soon dive sites for Ishagaki, Iromote, and Miyagi Islands. If you have any dive sites that I have missed log in create an account then plot them. If I have made any mistakes (I am only human) then PM me and I will fix them.

This is venue is also a great place to display your underwater photo's and video's. I have added over 200 of my photo's. Please add your photo's

What am I missing that can attract buisness from the USA and Europe to Okinawa? PM me and I will fix the site.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom