Does anyone go on private trips?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wsgts

Reaction score
I was reading the thread started by Crazy Fingers on finding an inexpensive boat, and I was wondering if I am wasting my time by trying to find buddies for my private boat on this forum? I had a couple of people mention that they weren't available, but I believe both were instructors. Is everyone afraid of a non-commercial boat trip?

Later,
wsgts

wsgts:
I was reading the thread started by Crazy Fingers on finding an inexpensive boat, and I was wondering if I am wasting my time by trying to find buddies for my private boat on this forum? I had a couple of people mention that they weren't available, but I believe both were instructors. Is everyone afraid of a non-commercial boat trip?

Later,
wsgts

Absolutely the right place to find buddies for your private boat. Your boat may be filled for the foreseeable future, if you post that you are looking for others to help with the cost of gas.

Crazy Fingers stated that he was looking for the least expensive dive boat operation. It was a completely different question. He was additionally given advice to find some buddies/ someone with a boat to reduce costs.

If you are looking for divers to share expenses on your private boat, you have found the right place!!!

Fill out some of your profile so we get to know something about you (and your boat)

AND, welcome to the board.

I've had pretty good luck and a lot of fun taking other board members out on my boat. Everybody knows the best kind of boat is someone else's boat. Guests are always glad to pitch in more than required for fuel expenses knowing how much boat ownership is. With the growing price of fuel, you're on the right path for cutting costs and having more fun with your diving. Wish I was there to go diving with you.

Reply to people seeking a dive charter in your area. Make sure they understand you are not a 5 star babysitter, just a dude with a boat that likes company. Put a signature in your posts that indicates as much. You should meet some great folks.
Don

Dude I am on my way down Lets dive,
in a month or so!
Yes as said put you have a boat in your sig, and then qualify divers and don't ,make it blatant on taking cash for gas as this gets dicey! and one P___ed off charter call to the Coast Guard and you could be in for some hurt not much but some,
I love to have other divers on my boat, trade dives and tell some lies,learn different styles and rigs as I used to be no DIR no Doubles but as a great pal has gone the way I have let a whole mess of double divers dive with me had some great dives and learned some things= Like Dam them rigs can be heavy!
Man in Florida you have a boat and are safe, you should have tons of new pals soon!
Dive safe,
Brad

Where's your boat, and do you know where the spots are?

wsgts, if you can hook it, we can dive it with you! :D

We wish we had you in our area! LOL I don't know anyone with a boat so we are renting one. :D

The people will come. Believe me. The next thing you know your phone will be ringing off the hook. lol

Richard

Ditto to what everyone else said.....let us know where you are.....Ft. Pierce vs. Ft. Lauderdale differs in who can hop on on a moments notice.

Also, one thing I find in general, is if you say, "hey looking to go on this day at this time", people are more apt to say yay or nay, versus if you just say, "hey, wanna join me on my boat someday?". I'd be happy to, but wouldn't just call you up out of nowhere and say, "ya going out? Can I have a nice day on YOUR boat...."...I'm not that forward, or I would just feel rude, ya know?

Do let us know who you are, where you are.....the profile does help with that some. What are your preferences in divers/dives...DIR-type safe only, or do you just prefer shallow reefs? There are plenty of every kind around here!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom