Does anyone make Custom fins ??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I could have dive fins custom made?

I have very small feet (woman's size 4). I can not find fins to fit without wearing dive boots,and they still don't fit properly.

I would love to have a pair custom made for MY feet.

Having small feet is real cute when your barefoot (which I am most of the time) but it is a real pain when it comes to finding foot gear....

Force fins come with inserts to accomodate barefoot diving or small feet. I suppose you could do the same with other fins.
The only fins with truly "custom" foot pockets I've ever seen were in the PI, where I saw folks who nailed their sneakers to a piece of plywood to make a fin.
Rick

Thanks for your coments, I went to the Force Fin site.. They only come in large sizes, don't the manufactures think "small" people dive?
I'm afraid even with the fleece lined foot pocket they would still be too big. Maybe the insert might help in a small pair of free diving fins, I will give them a try.

I read somewhere that the professional woman free divers have their fins custom made. Maybe I should contact Tanya Streeter !! You wouldn't know her email address would you?

The sneakers and plywood are starting to look good.

Thanks,

Laura

Hello,

force fins does make small sizes. check http://www.forcefin.com/FF_PAGES/sizing.htm for the size chart. (BTW their womens small fits up to 6.5. You may also check the children sizes in different fins. I use regular socks, bare feet or the neophrene socks (surf socks) with my force fins.

Ed

Zeagle has fins that are VERY adjustable. They are marketed as "travel fins" and can be worn with boots or barefoot. Can't remember exactly what they are called right now..but they have a thick velcro strap that goes over the instep and an adjustable heel strap. They look pretty "wussy" but from what I hear they actually perform very good. The blade is a stiff paddle..but short and very light. They are great for Junior OW kids because of the length and adjustablility, so they can use them for years as their feet grow.

You may want to check them out. Problem..if you need to special order them, the lead time is around 6 weeks because Zeagle makes the fins when they get the order.

Thanks for the in put.

I have a pair of velcro "Neofins" for lap swimming that fit really nice, but like you say they have really short blades and I don't know how they would work in the open sea. I will take them with me this fall when I go back to Cayman and give them a try. I will also check out the Zeagle's.

I would really like to find a long "Adult Looking" fin. I might be wishing for too much here, but I will keep on looking. Thanks!

Though there are some fins out there that are adjustable like the Force Fin, there are NONE that are completely custom. Unless that is you have bottomless pockets. The tooling cost alone for the molds are likely to cost over a hundred grand. That is of course the last step after sitting down and actually engineering the product... would be nice though eh!

Nirvana,
I used to work in a shop where we had an instructor who did exclusively Japanese classes. Size 4 feet were common, so maybe you could look for a source for Japanese brand fins, made for that market. For open heel fins, we had good luck with Cressi fins, they seem to run small. Good luck.
Neil

I knew it would be costly but a "hundred Grand"...a bit over what I was thinking !!!!

Neil...your Japanese Idea is a good one...I will start checking out Japanese/Asian dive sites.

Thanks Guys !!!

We've set up a company that does fully custom diving fins, starting from individual molds we take from your feet, and also covering leg sizes from 4 upwards. Have a look: www.finnfin.fi

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom