Does anyone still use the oldschool double hose regulator?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dude where is that plane ? thats freaking awesome!!

It, too, was taken in Portage Quarry. Portage is just a couple miles outside of Bowling Green, Ohio. The visibility was incredible for a limestone quarry.

Greg

i think they are cool and i like that your exhaust exits behind your head. i was wanting to know if anyone still used these and if anyone knew wher you can get parts to rebuild them. thanks :D

thanks anyways guys i found vintage double hose and best of all he is in tampa :crafty:

The "guy in Tampa" is a good friend of mine, and is a master when it comes to rebuilding double hose regs. Bryan is also one of the most honest people that you will ever have the pleasure of working with. I suggest that you spend some time at Vintage Scuba - Vintage Scuba Diving - Vintage Scuba Gear - vintagedoublehose.com.

Greg

Hi Pete, It was the Polish Kajman regulator. It breathes similar to a mistral. I like to rinse the dust off of a few of my unusual regs and see if the diaphragm will hold the water back and toss a check valve in the mouthpiece and a duckbill and give them a dive. There will be several Divairs at Portage this year and I will see if I can get a couple other odd regs out too!

Hi Pete, It was the Polish Kajman regulator. It breathes similar to a mistral. I like to rinse the dust off of a few of my unusual regs and see if the diaphragm will hold the water back and toss a check valve in the mouthpiece and a duckbill and give them a dive. There will be several Divairs at Portage this year and I will see if I can get a couple other odd regs out too!

Thought so the mouth piece is unique, I picked up 2 in January in Poland and have one just about set, just need to do some mods on the diaphram.

RegulatorComplete.jpg

It aint exactly "vintage" but i dive a new mistral and absolutely love it, im hoping to get a proper vintage twin hose eventually :D.

I dove my Sportsways Hydro Twin double hose regulator (with LP and HP ports for my inflator and gauge) today in the Clackamas River. It is a very good breathing regulator. I have replaced the hoses on it with Superflex hoses that are carried by Vintage Scuba Supply, and have a Hope-Page mouthpiece on it. I also have new Mares silicone non-return valves in the mouthpiece (they fit the Hope-Page). It was a great dive today. I found a fishing lure that I gave to a fisherman (goodwill gesture), golf balls, and a Blackberry cell phone (which is drying in the sun). If I can get the cell phone to power up, maybe I can call the owner.

Mention was made that the Healthways regulators don't have spare parts; what was not said is that they probably don't need spare parts (other than hose-mouthpiece), as the parts inside are extremely durable, and should be able to be used after cleaning.

SeaRat

I dove my Sportsways Hydro Twin double hose regulator (with LP and HP ports for my inflator and gauge) today in the Clackamas River. It is a very good breathing regulator. I have replaced the hoses on it with Superflex hoses that are carried by Vintage Scuba Supply, and have a Hope-Page mouthpiece on it. I also have new Mares silicone non-return valves in the mouthpiece (they fit the Hope-Page). It was a great dive today. I found a fishing lure that I gave to a fisherman (goodwill gesture), golf balls, and a Blackberry cell phone (which is drying in the sun). If I can get the cell phone to power up, maybe I can call the owner.

Mention was made that the Healthways regulators don't have spare parts; what was not said is that they probably don't need spare parts (other than hose-mouthpiece), as the parts inside are extremely durable, and should be able to be used after cleaning.

SeaRat

John,

As far as saving the phone goes, I recommend setting your electric oven to 140-150 degrees, and then putting the phone (w/o battery) in it for 3-4 hours. It has worked a number of times for others.

Greg

i think they are cool and i like that your exhaust exits behind your head. i was wanting to know if anyone still used these

Every now and then.

N

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom