Does dry air/throat trigger vomiting?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is is possible to remedy that by drinking every now and then during the dive?
(e.g. from any compressible plastic bag or hydration pack)

Is is possible to remedy that by drinking every now and then during the dive?
(e.g. from any compressible plastic bag or hydration pack)

I make sure I drink more water than I usually do given how dry the compressed air and salt water that inevitably gets into my mouth is - it tends to run water out of you quickly.....especially with all the peeing!

Another thing that is supposed to help is a regulator that has more metal parts - the condensation helps keep the air coming to your mouth moister and also helps with warmer air exchange...supposedly.

Another thing that is supposed to help is a regulator that has more metal parts - the condensation helps keep the air coming to your mouth moister and also helps with warmer air exchange...supposedly.

In that case the Poseidon Cyklon Metal is your dream regulator.
Cyklon | Poseidon
It is a heavy-duty regulator for the heavy-duty mouth :D
(it is not exactly lightweight and the mouth piece is generous)

Last edited:
Happens to me all the time when I get fills from smaller operations, mostly in Asia. I suspect this may have to do with oil contamination.
Never had a gag reflex while diving on banked EANx32 or air from reputable sources.

When I surface at the end of a dive, I gag as soon as I remove the regulator from my mouth. Dry air combined with my use of Scopolamine does it every time.

Back
Top Bottom