Does it always take a long time to get certs issued?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Every one of my TDI certs has taken at least a month to be registered on the online app - just wondering if this is slow processing, an issue with the dive center or something else.

Occasionally, very occasionally, cards are processed and mailed and go astray in the mail. However, 99.99 percent of the time, TDI and SDI turn diver cards around in a couple of days... instructor cards take longer... but not a month.

Occasionally, very occasionally, cards are processed and mailed and go astray in the mail. However, 99.99 percent of the time, TDI and SDI turn diver cards around in a couple of days... instructor cards take longer... but not a month.

My Advanced Trimix card and certificate never reached me, despite being mailed to the same address where I got the Trimix card. I had to get a replacement for a card I never received. TDI assured me it was sent, and I fully believe them That was one of 4 significant post office screwups in my life during a 2 month period.

Based on my very recent experience, I'd say dive shop or something else. Just finished my Intro to Tech. Instructor offered a temp card right there and then. I declined as I was in no rush or need. When I got home, finished storing my gear, I had an email from the agency with my cert #, and statement it would be mailed this week.
icon14.gif

I had a weird deal with my cavern and intro to cave cards where it took a little longer than it should have to get them. I contacted TDI and they bent over backwards to make sure that everything worked out for me. I couldn't be happier with them. I'm planning on taking Intro to tech, AN/DP next year and they will all be through TDI. I expect nothing more than another great experience.

Kristopher

Back
Top Bottom