Does the Canon WpDc47 fit the S100?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi
I am new to the forum so please bear with me. I have just spent a couple of hours researching housings for my Canon S100 (which I am going to buy tomorrow) and am sure I read that the Canon housing WPdc47 (which is for the S110) also fits the S100 camera.

As I am yet to buy the housing I thought I could try and future proof (as much as possible) and buy the updated housing.

Does anyone know?
Thanks in advance
Teresa

I don't know for sure but going by pictures, it looks like the controls of the S110 are a little closer to the side of the camera than on the S100. Question though - If you already have the S100, why would you upgrade to the S110 in the next year? I personally don't even see it as an upgrade (I have an S100)

Hi My thinking was to try and future proof my housing as they cost a bit. If just in case my camera S100 no longer works or gets damaged then I could buy the S110.

Trying to be clever I think!

Now I need to deceide on the housing! Canon or Ikelite?

Fisheye fix I would say!

Hi My thinking was to try and future proof my housing as they cost a bit. If just in case my camera S100 no longer works or gets damaged then I could buy the S110.

Trying to be clever I think!

Now I need to deceide on the housing! Canon or Ikelite?

Regarding camera replacement, I think the S100 is popular enough that there will be replacements readily available for the next couple years (long after the S110 has gone out of production).

There's a couple extensive discussion on housing choices for the S100. I personally chose the Canon - I've had good luck with my A570 housing and I originally had the S100 Ikelite housing but I didn't like it, for a few reasons. However, with the current sale on the FIX housing, I'd think really hard about splurging and getting it if I had to buy one now.

I know backscatter.com has it for 599 right now. I don't know if anyone else does

Back
Top Bottom