Does your partner dive?

Does your partner (spouse, girl/boy friend dive)?

• Yes

Votes: 132 58.9%
  • No

Votes: 92 41.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My wife of 30 years does not dive. She does float around with a "floaty" in cold and warm water but does not get her face in the water.

A milestone was when our certified, but pregnant (not allowed to dive), daughter took "Mom" out snorkeling in the Red Sea. Our daughter gently and patiently got Mom to look down (face in the water!!!) and had over an hour looking and taking ("waterproof" disposable camera) pictures of the coral beds just under them. This is as good as it gets!!! Oh, during this time, my daughter's husband and I were scuba diving.

My sweet wife is my best friend, and is a very encouraging wife as long as we remain transparent with each other - which includes large purchases. :)

Some couple need and enjoy their time apart, but we're the opposite. We really enjoy being together, and there's no one I'd rather go on vacation with than her.

Same here. My wife IS my best friend and I love spending time with her more than anyone else.

my wife & I were certified together in '85------she doesn't dive as much as she used to, but still enjoys it....In fact, she's responsible for going out & buying the house on Roatan one day while I was out diving, can't beat that with a stick....(I really had NO idea she was out 'shopping' for it that day)

Yep. My boyfriend dives. I can't imagine having a partner that doesn't dive. He got me to start diving and I got him to get his AOW, Nitrox and Rescue certifications and he's now doing Divemaster with me even after he said he never wanted to go pro. (Somehow I think he'll leave the instructor certification to me though.) Heck, he may even propose while we're on a dive trip...maybe even the one we're going on in a few weeks. :)

Meh...wishful thinking. :):popcorn:

My girlfriend enjoys diving...anywhere south of Florida. Which is unfortunate because I want to do most of my diving in the Northeast. She gets cold quite easily.

OK...I think I am married to her sister.

We ride motorcycles (her own thank you very much, she HATES to ride on the back), loves the outdoors, SCUBA's, wants to bungee jump and sky dive, loves to hike and camp....and still looks damn good in a dress driving her BMW! LOL

I think I have her twin! Less the skydiving and she drives a BMW as well.

Best damn woman, buddy, person I have ever met and love her to pieces!

When our last child graduated High School my wife informed me she wanted to go on a cruise, I said I want to learn to dive. Was our only cruise, headed to Coz in April. Man I LOVE her!!

We sail together, we dive together, we Ski together, we cook together, we clean house together, I repair the car by myself.

Married on a dive/sail vacation and continue to take dive/sailing vacations. We are both Divemasters and will both be Instructors soon. When my wife lost her wedding band, I gave her a new one at 110 FSW on a half clam shell.

Learned to dive together on a trip to Honduras in 2005. Originally, when we got through with the first week mainland part of the trip, we were going to Roatan for a week where I was planning to learn to dive and she was going to lie on the beach. On the first day, after 1/2 hour snorkeling she decided to join me in class.
Dozens of trips and a couple hundred dives later, our passion for it has not diminished.
After 5 years we are actually thinking of taking a vacation that does not include diving..
but I'm going to check out the Scottish/Italian dive sites anyway, although she strongly prefers warm water.

Nope...she doesn't She TRIED it once in a pool, but wasn't overly comfortable and decided not to pursue it any further at this time. She DOES like to snorkel, so it's not a fear of the water or the marine life. I'm not going to push her either.

We get along great on vacation though...I go diving, and she goes to all of the foo-foo shops I refuse to go into! Then she scouts out great places to eat, and we go for dinner after my diving!

Back
Top Bottom