Does your spit work?

How well does your spit work as defog?

• My mask still fogs, but now it has spit in it.

Votes: 14 11.9%
  • Spit is a lot worse than defog

Votes: 6 5.1%
  • Spit is worse than defog

Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Spit is as good as defog

Votes: 52 44.1%
  • Spit is better than defog

Votes: 13 11.0%
  • Spit is way better than defog

Votes: 23 19.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I did notice that if i do any more than a quick dunk to rince the spit out it doesnt work very well.

I never rinse my spit out. I start the dive with spitty lenses, but after descending, equalizing my mask lets in just a little water and I look down to let it swish around the spit. For the rest of the dive my mask is crystal clear!

I rub new masks with toothpaste a few times before they are ready for a dive. Then my spit is all that takes to keep the mask clear. The toothpaste smells nice to...

The secret to spit is to spit about five minutes before entering the water and don't rinse the mask until you are in the water.

When I first started diving, my spit didn't defog very well. But with practice and bottom time it got better.

Now it works great ... :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

My spit works wonders and prevents fogging great. :D

My spit works great. I have defog but have only used it on one dive day. I got it for my wife becuase she could not spit very well. Now she just uses spit as well. You do have to do it before each dive but it just takes a min.

Phil

spit is the only thing ive ever used in over 10yrs of diving

but

i only dive salt water... i wonder if salt or fresh make a difference??

Nope, I dive in fresh water all the time. Spit is just as effective in fresh water as it is in salt water.

Spit works well, it's free, and another advantage is that not many other divers ask to borrow it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom