Dolphin Sighting - Invisibles Dive Site

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Or Rangiroa - they came to play with us on most dives outside of Tiputa Pass. It is a magical thing to see them as the Op did - and even more so when they hang around and interact. They actually stopped right in front of you and liked you to scratch their bellies. A few unedited clips from early October:

Wow! That’s better & more friendly than the one I saw in Socorro. Rangiora will be in my dive plan in October 2021. :D

That reminds me of the gentle giant Pacific Oceanic Manta in Socorro that like their bellies rubbed by our bubbles, as shown here:

FYI: I had a conversation with one of the employees at Dive Friends yesterday. He said there were dolphins spotted around Sand Dollar too.

We've seen a pod at Klein in late Feb. Per Murphy's Law most everyone was already on the boat gearing off, I was on the ladder and only the DM was still in the water. We chased them for a while but they did not want to stay and play.

It was a perfect storm sighting. We had planned other dives that day but switched at the last minute to Invisibles. We were on the inside edge of the outer reef and at a point where the two reefs are close together. It was the perfect location to be close as the pod made its way between the reefs. It brought them right to us.

When I looked up and saw this mass of life swimming toward us I couldn’t decide what it was. I thought eagle rays? Nope. It took several seconds for my mind to decide what I was seeing. OMG its DOLPHINS!

@Soloist that is amazing!

Seeing them underwater in the wild has always been a bucket list item for me. I was fortunate enough to see them a few years ago in Cozumel.
I was in Bonaire in April 2019, so lucky you, I'm jealous!:yeahbaby:

So cool! We were at the Invisibles in August for a late afternoon dive. Unfortunately, we were still gearing up as we watched 2 pods swim south. Even from topside it was fun to watch. Would be even better to see them as you did!

So cool! We were at the Invisibles in August for a late afternoon dive. Unfortunately, we were still gearing up as we watched 2 pods swim south. Even from topside it was fun to watch. Would be even better to see them as you did!

On previous trips we were dumbfounded by a local advertisement showing a group of young, attractive and physicality fit tourists happily hopping off the back of a party boat to snorkel with dolphins. We laughed and thought, so much for truth in advertising! Looks like the commercial was not a complete fantasy after all. :)

Back
Top Bottom