Dolphin Slaughter in Japan - Where is Hayden Panettiere?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lock_washer

Contributor
Reaction score
Well, the Japanese are doing it again....another dolphin slaughter.

Japan slaughters thousands of dolphins, ignores protests - Feature : Nature Environment

Funny thing though...where is Hollywood Actress Hayden Panettiere? Last year when this slaugther was going on, she made an appearence in a bikini for the news media to draw attention to it. Now she is nowhere in site. I guess for Hollywood, the dolphin slaughter last year was "the flavor of the month". Just another cause for them to use to further their careers...or get on "Entertainment Tonight", Access Hollywood, or any other tabloid show to be seen.

As tragic as this dolphin slaughter is going on...I want to to point out how shallow and superficial the entertainment world is for getting involved in issues.

A better way to end this slaughter is for the activist to point out to the Japanese the level of PCB's in dolphin meat. That will get people to stop eating dolphin meat.

Lock Washer

That's truly disgusting. I'm in no way a tree hugger but if that is truly going on, I'm ashamed for the Japanese government.

I actually heard through the rumor mill at work that not too long ago she was busy filming a documentary that is due out in 2009 about this very subject. Perhaps that's where she is.

Funny thing though...where is Hollywood Actress Hayden Panettiere? Last year when this slaugther was going on, she made an appearence in a bikini for the news media to draw attention to it. Now she is nowhere in site. I guess for Hollywood, the dolphin slaughter last year was "the flavor of the month". Just another cause for them to use to further their careers...or get on "Entertainment Tonight", Access Hollywood, or any other tabloid show to be seen.

As tragic as this dolphin slaughter is going on...I want to to point out how shallow and superficial the entertainment world is for getting involved in issues.

A better way to end this slaughter is for the activist to point out to the Japanese the level of PCB's in dolphin meat. That will get people to stop eating dolphin meat.

Lock Washer
Just to play devil's advocate, what do you think Hayden Panettiere makes a year? A quick google search got me a $2 million estimate. Thats about $40,000/week. So, if she spent a week in Japan last year in her bikini, I'd say it was a sizable sacrifice for her and a significant contribution to this cause. Are people who contribute nothing--or just a Scubaboard thread--more or less shallow and superficial?

She recently did a video short about how old McCain is. Couldn't that help the dolphins?

Well if the Japanese keep slaughtering them, the franchise isn't going to be around much longer.

Baseball? I thought we were talking about Hayden Pannettiere.

Back
Top Bottom