Dolphins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hope this links works, here you go, hope you enjoy

Hey Dave - are the dolphins you run into up there making noise? Can't hear it on the video. When I got to experience wild dolphin encounters it was in Rangiroa, they showed up on two dives but you could hear them clicking and such on just about every dive even if you never saw them. They also were interactive with divers whenever they encounter divers. Those dolphins in your videos don't seem to be paying any attention to the divers, just wondering if you are hearing any noise from them or if you hear them on dives you don't see them on?

Hey Dave - are the dolphins you run into up there making noise? Can't hear it on the video. When I got to experience wild dolphin encounters it was in Rangiroa, they showed up on two dives but you could hear them clicking and such on just about every dive even if you never saw them. They also were interactive with divers whenever they encounter divers. Those dolphins in your videos don't seem to be paying any attention to the divers, just wondering if you are hearing any noise from them or if you hear them on dives you don't see them on?

Yes, we do hear them but not continuous. just every so often.

Dave

Yes, we do hear them but not continuous. just every so often.

Dave

In Rangiroa every different dive master / diver it seemed had a magical 'trick' they believed attracted the dolphins to come if they were nearby. Some would snap their fingers, rattle things, swim dolphin like, blow bubbles, wave their arms etc... don't know it it really made any difference at all, and I'm sure you wouldn't convince anyone of them otherwise, when the dolphins were nearby it was entertaining enough just to watch the show of the divers going through their routines, of course when the dolphins did approach and started interacting and playing with us all it didn't matter what worked or didn't work as the dolphins were awesome. Might want to employ some of these 'tricks' next time the dolphins are near, see what it does.

The point is, if you want to consistently see dolphins (or sleeping sharks or squadrons of eagle rays) you need to go well north of Barracuda. The places are also great for hunting Lion Fish (YUM).

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

Now I read this? All 10 days paid up and getting ready to leave soon...drats

Next year!!!!!

Belize... Ambergis Caye ..... First openwater certification dive.... a dolphin came and used the instructor, the other studenr diver and myself as pylons for a quick slalom course, going around & between us a few times before disappearing.

You mean that doesn't happen on every dive?

Needless to say, I was hooked.

yesterday at Tiburcio, the weather was PERFECTO!!!! the seas were like in AUGUST , hope you enjoy.

Sorry , Have changed the settings to public , hope it works this time

MEDIA=youtube]cWf95kz-gJw[/MEDIA]

ok, one more time, it shows on ok when I play it on Preview.

sorry for the mess up on the tittle insert, I`m usually more careful, jajajaja

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom