dominica

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I would like to dive in Dominica -- preferably place with accomodations and a two tank boat dive daily and unlimited shore diving. Any suggestions?

rockydivermike:
I would like to dive in Dominica -- preferably place with accomodations and a two tank boat dive daily and unlimited shore diving. Any suggestions?

We were in Dominica in Nov 2002 and stayed at the Castle Comfort Lodge. The hotel is small and cozy and the dive operation is very good. We saw a wide variety of sea life including creatures we had thought were rare until we dived Dominica! Lots of frogfish and sea horses, the only electric ray I've ever seen, and flying gunards on night dives. They offered two tank boat dives during the day and the house reef was very nice for easy shore dives. The people were friendly, there is not much night life, shopping, or activities in Roseau but the hotel can make arrangements for various excursions, tours, hikes, etc. We did a whale watch tour and had a very close encounter with a humpback! All and all, a very pleasant dive vacation! KathyV

KathyV:
We were in Dominica in Nov 2002 and stayed at the Castle Comfort Lodge. The hotel is small and cozy and the dive operation is very good. We saw a wide variety of sea life including creatures we had thought were rare until we dived Dominica! Lots of frogfish and sea horses, the only electric ray I've ever seen, and flying gunards on night dives. They offered two tank boat dives during the day and the house reef was very nice for easy shore dives. The people were friendly, there is not much night life, shopping, or activities in Roseau but the hotel can make arrangements for various excursions, tours, hikes, etc. We did a whale watch tour and had a very close encounter with a humpback! All and all, a very pleasant dive vacation! KathyV

What's the best way to get there, in your opinion? Most of what i find on the internet takes two days. I fly from Chicago or Milwaukee.
Thanks,
Diverrockymike

rockydivermike:
What's the best way to get there, in your opinion? Most of what i find on the internet takes two days. I fly from Chicago or Milwaukee.
Thanks,
Diverrockymike

you'll have to go through San Juan... almost always. I think American is the only major us carrier going through there... flights can be pricey too. see if you can find a cheaper flight to san juan and maybe search for charter flights from there to dominica.

in dominica, i always used Nature Island Dive. (take out the spaces and put a .com at the end for their site). Great people. British expats and locals.

for the diving... all that was reported above... one of my favorite places.

Stivo:
you'll have to go through San Juan... almost always. I think American is the only major us carrier going through there... flights can be pricey too. see if you can find a cheaper flight to san juan and maybe search for charter flights from there to dominica.

We went on American through San Juan, we had never been to Puerto Rico so we spent a couple of days there. Great forts! and Old San Juan is interesting, too!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom