Dominican Republic scuba tailored AI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

techapma

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Are there scuba tailored all-inclusive operations in the Dominican Republic? I know the DR is well known for its non-diving AI resorts, and many have water sports offerings, but I haven't come across any that specifically tailor to divers.

I'm after something similar to What's found in Roatan (AKR, Coco View, etc...).

If such operations don't exist, do any of the dive operators offer secure gear storage, or does gear get schlepped to/from the hotel each day?

There aren't any scuba tailored resorts in the DR. The diving on the Atlantic coast in the Punta Cana area is bad.

The best diving is out of Bayahibe on the south Caribbean coast of the Dominican. There are reef dives, wreck dives, wall dives and even cave dives if you are so certified. We are returning for our second visit to Dreams La Romana (not Dreams Dominicus La Romana)Welcome to Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa It is about a 10 min walk from the village of Bayahibe. I highly recommend John from ScubaFun | Dive Center Bayahibe I dove with them last time and will diving with them again. If you want private diving I recommend BAYAHIBE’S MOST EXCLUSIVE DIVE CENTER

There is no such Dive Resort , there are budget hotels in the village right next to dive shops . The diving is good but not really a dive destination as such .

Saw two anglerfish one dive. The dive guide thought he won the lottery. Really heavy surge when we were there. We went on a two hour drive to La Romana / Catalina island to get some decent dives in. We enjoyed diving with Pelicanos which is towards the end of the beach. The owner Peter was great. You could leave your gear there, but we took ours home. They come and get you off of the beach in a boat in front of your hotel, because the roads are strange in punta Cana / Bavarro beach.

Whatever you do don't open your mouth in the shower.

Last edited:
I would not say the diving is bad in Punta Cana . Any day diving is good day . Have been to
Excellence resort and they do have a PADI dive shop on site . They do give introductory lessons
for free and use of snorkel gear for free , but diving does cost money and not included in the all
inclusive package . Definitely not a divers getaway but a nice resort . The roads are strange , no
stoplights just speed bumps !
Sea Dwellers

The Iberostar I stayed at in La Romana had a Dressel Divers operation where I stayed but I dove with ScubaFun.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom