Don't Take Dive Knife on Cruise

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We've been on two cruises in the past 4 months, NCL and Carnival and neither seemed to care about the Trigger knives we have attached to our BCs. Maybe because they are small?

Three of us exited and entered the boat everyday with our BCs. I had one guy at the xray ask if there was a knife in my bag. I told him yes, dive knife and he let us pass.

Just lucky I guess.

or the policies I've seen and heard about.

I wouldn't bring one anyway. Bring snips; they're just as good for what you'd need 'em for in this case, and might save you from some hassle.

Genesis once bubbled...

They are anal about security due to the risk of rival gang members and such possibly getting out of joint.

Yeah, I know what you mean. last time I was on a cruise, the Carnival Cruise Line Crips almost had it out with the Bloods down on B-Deck. Luckily for us they could not get a hold of a knife! :eek: :rolleyes:

Where the problem really lies is that people have become so illogical in their thought process, that clear and logical thinking is no longer an option. Zero tolerance policies are slowly eroding away at the fundemental core of freedom.

As for dive knife, they can confiscate all the dive knives they wish from me. I will simply make another one at the cost of $1.19 plus tax. :D

I'm not saying I agree with the policies necessarily.... just noting what I've seen and been told by the cruise lines.

I'd hate to lose an $80 titanium dive knife that way!

I agree. That is why I shop for all of my dive knives at the local Target or Publix. I just made 4 of them this past week. Total cost was $4.05 plus tax. :)

Oh man, the images this conjures... :)

OK, now what image could you possibly get from that? I am almost scared to ask!!!! :D

of the Publix aisle, looking both ways before acquiring the eeeevvvviiiillll knife, slipping it carefully into the basket... :)

You certainly are a twisted individual! :D

I went to one store and asked for their cheapest SS steak knife. They look at you funny when you decline paying for the better set because you are just going to cut the thing in half anyway. :D

MikeFerrara once bubbled...
I guess their worried you'll hijack the ship and crash it into a building. Do they give you aknife when you eat? I have carried a little pocket knife since I was very very yong and don't care to give it up now. I'll bet if I wanted a weapon I could break the leg off a table and use it for a club. Do they have tables? or perhaps the tables just don't have legs. I'll bet you wouldn't have trouble finding a cutting wepon either. I don't think I would enjoy a cruise.

How does the saying go? "A coward dies a thousand deaths the brave man only once"

That is exactly the thing i was going to write. About ANYTHING is very useful as a weapon. Give me a standard size pencil, you'll be amazed at what you can do. What about a good martial artist?? Are they going to cut off his/her arms & legs??
I am not going to let them take away an important diving safety tool. They can be concerned with safety or they can be paranoid, sometimes it seems the latter is the case. :mean:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom