Dorcy brand dive light. Anyone used them?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mine disappeared on my last scuba trip, so I ordered another (and 2 for a buddy), I'm going through Piranha as well. I've been pretty impressed with Piranha's customer support as well.

Yeah, but only for those in the states. I used to use Amazon, but now it seems that almost anytime I go to order anything from them, they turn me down because one or more of my selected products are not shippable outside the US/Canada.

Might be good for you USA guys, but internationals are still best to deal with Piranha. :wink:

Does anyone feel that the Dorcy light is a better light than the Oxycheq?

How do they compare while diving?

I think that Compudude might have both.

The Raider I is an excellent light from what everyone says. but the Dory is much brighter I think.

I thought about buying a Raider III/IV but they had tons of problems and all kinds of support issues and half of them don't work. So for the cost I've opted not to buy one (at this time. might later after they get the bugs all worked out and get the "bad ones" out of inventory at LDS's. ) The fact that Oxycheq deleted the thread where people were complaining about the Raider III/IV also kinda irked me a little as they don't want people knowing their problems and support issues it seems.

Ordered a couple of these lights off Amazon and will be arriving on Wed. (about 1/2 the price of the comparable) I'm going to give the light a try on my Wed night dive this week. From what I hear about the Oxycheq a lot of folks have gone with it as a primary and from the looks of it this Dorcy light is brighter. Looking forward to it.

Thanks on the line for the Dorcy dive light!

I got one a few weeks ago and I'm still trying to get it wet.

Hopefully by this weekend. :)

Got mine wet last night, worked so good that I now have three buddies ordering one. I would still like a comparisson of the Oxycheq and the Dorcy.

Thanks!

Good reviews... I guess it's worth a look?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom